Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check length of record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check length of record Post 302341781 by Scott on Thursday 6th of August 2009 02:51:59 PM
Old 08-06-2009
Hi.

Using awk:

Code:
awk 'length != 58' file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed record length

hello! I have a file with fixed record length... format: 123445asdfg 4343777 sfgg I wanna convert it to 123445,asdfg ,4343,777 ,sfgg is there any way to do it? sed/grep/awk?? at the moment I use sed -e 's_ \(\)_,\1_g' but it works only if there are spaces between... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Viewing a record of particular length

I have records with different lengths say 386, 387 and 388. Do i have any command to view all the records of the length 386 ? Please do advise. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record length

Hi, The record length may be differ in afile. I want to display the records if the record length is not equal to 50 using sed/awk command. Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for length which exceeds specified length in a line

Hi, I have a issue, I need to loop through a comma delimited file and check for the length which exceeds specified length , if Yes truncate the string. But my problem is , I do not have to check for all the fields and the field lenght is not same for all the fields. For ex: Say my line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record length check fails due to '\' character

When I check the length for the records in the file, it does not give me the correct value. I used wc -l command. Example records: abcdefghij abcd\efghij abcdefghi Expected output is: 10 11 9 But the output returned is 10 10 9 Please help me on this issue. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying Record Length

Hi all, We are going through a total migration from AIX-based server framework to Linux-based servers. When I am testing *.sh and *.awk in a lower environments, it abends at the same step everytime in verifying the record length of the first row of the source file. I know this source file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoloXX
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies
BPSINK(1)							  BP executables							 BPSINK(1)

NAME
bpsink - Bundle Protocol reception test program SYNOPSIS
bpsink ownEndpointId DESCRIPTION
bpsink uses Bundle Protocol to receive application data units from a remote bpsource application task. For each application data unit it receives, it prints the ADU's length and -- if length is less than 80 -- its text. bpsink terminates upon receiving the SIGQUIT signal, i.e., ^C from the keyboard. EXIT STATUS
0 bpsink has terminated. Any problems encountered during operation will be noted in the ion.log log file. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic messages produced by bpsink are written to the ION log file ion.log. Can't attach to BP. bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations. Can't open own endpoint. Another application has already opened ownEndpointId. Terminate that application and rerun. bpsink bundle reception failed. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't receive payload. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't handle delivery. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
bpadmin(1), bpsource(1), bp(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 BPSINK(1)