Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can SunOS be virtualized?
Operating Systems Solaris Can SunOS be virtualized? Post 302341743 by kduffin on Thursday 6th of August 2009 01:12:46 PM
Old 08-06-2009
What's the purpose of virtualization in your case? Is it to get more performance, etc. for production and scale - or are you wanting a less expensive lab?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise

HPL-2008-72 Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise - Curry, Roger; Kiddie, Cameron; Markatchev, Nayden; Simmonds, Rob; Tan, Tingxi; Arlitt, Martin; Walker, Bruce Keyword(s): social networking, Web 2.0, cloud computing Abstract: "Web 2.0" and "cloud computing" are revolutionizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Available design options for a cluster hosting many different virtualized Solaris versions

Good day, everyone, and thanks first off for reading my question. So, I have been Googling and reading oracle documentation for the past couple weeks, and I am just getting more and more confused as to what I need to do, and I would really appreciate some guidance or at least pointing me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
4 Replies

4. Linux

Unique Linux ID in virtualized environment

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for Linux OS even in a virtualized environment? eg like Machine GUID for windows. I need to know something similar for linux, AIX, Solaris in virtualized environment. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies
pset_assign_cpu(1)					      General Commands Manual						pset_assign_cpu(1)

NAME
pset_assign_cpu - Assigns a processor to a processor set SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pset_assign_cpu pset_id processor [processor...] /usr/sbin/pset_assign_cpu -a pset_id number OPTIONS
Adds the specified number of processors (number) to the specified processor set (pset_id) from the default processor set. DESCRIPTION
The pset_assign_cpu command assigns one or more processors to an existing processor set. The pset_id variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. The processor variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor. Each processor that is assigned to an existing processor set is removed from its current processor set. The boot processor cannot be assigned. Processor assignments are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_destroy(1), pset_create(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_info(1) Files: processor_sets(4) pset_assign_cpu(1)