Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can SunOS be virtualized?
Operating Systems Solaris Can SunOS be virtualized? Post 302341742 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 01:10:22 PM
Old 08-06-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by seg
I believe you're stuck with Solaris Zones if using a SPARC system.
and on the coolthreads server you can use LDOMs.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise

HPL-2008-72 Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise - Curry, Roger; Kiddie, Cameron; Markatchev, Nayden; Simmonds, Rob; Tan, Tingxi; Arlitt, Martin; Walker, Bruce Keyword(s): social networking, Web 2.0, cloud computing Abstract: "Web 2.0" and "cloud computing" are revolutionizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Available design options for a cluster hosting many different virtualized Solaris versions

Good day, everyone, and thanks first off for reading my question. So, I have been Googling and reading oracle documentation for the past couple weeks, and I am just getting more and more confused as to what I need to do, and I would really appreciate some guidance or at least pointing me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
4 Replies

4. Linux

Unique Linux ID in virtualized environment

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for Linux OS even in a virtualized environment? eg like Machine GUID for windows. I need to know something similar for linux, AIX, Solaris in virtualized environment. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)