Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fsck error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fsck error Post 302341718 by fpmurphy on Thursday 6th of August 2009 12:32:08 PM
Old 08-06-2009
Also try reseating both ends of the cable going from the motherboard to the disk. If you moved the computer recently I may have moved ever so slightly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

fsck -y

Once in a while, I would think it advisable to run fsck -y to check the disk. Should I sign in as su or sudo? What is the difference and which is preferred? Thank you in Advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpatrick
4 Replies

2. Solaris

fsck

OS: Solaris 5.8 Everytime I run fsck -y I get: FILE SYSTEM STATE IN SUPERBLOCK IS WRONG; FIX? yes Do I need to run fsck with the backup superblock option or is there some other option I should use. I have tried the format->analyze->read option but that does not report any corrupt blocks.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsck - what should be done?

I want to use fsck to check and repair my linux system. When I use this command, what do I need to pay attention to or what should I do to make job running successfully. Thanks for your inputs for a newbie. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

4. Solaris

fsck -o

Hello I am getting this in dmesg: /mount1: unexpected free inode 1262865, run fsck(1M) -o f What are the options I should use with fsck? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about fsck

i want to know what does it mean by doing a consistentcy check fsck on a disk and why journaling filesystems dont need to do it and what is meant by disk is in a consistent state when writing because entries are recorded in a journal and then to the metadata and then removed from journal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhan_t49
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

fsck repeat error in linux kernel 2.6

Hi, When I boot the linux kernel 2.6 , I was kicked out and request to run fsck manually. After running fsck -y /dev/vg00/lvol3 and /dev/vg00/lvol4 and reboot, I still get the same error and request me to run fsck . I attach the console output in here . Please advice to fix it .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

8. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Fsck in vxvm

Hi, When we are running fsck in vxvm FS within few sec it will completed even if data is more than 500GB or in TB also. compare to UFS FS in that it will take more time compare with vxvm.UFS check FS in block level. & then vvxm on where its checking the FS. Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger09
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Fsck: alignment error Solaris 8, SUN Netra AX11505

Hello all, I recently powered on my Netra AX1105 server only to be greeted with the following error message. I am not sure what to do here, I cant fun fsck on OK prompt.. did ok>boot -r and now it keeps booting from net, then I run ok>boot disk then outputs the following message... and keeps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
       dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages

SYNOPSIS
       dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package
       build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that
       up into subpackages.

Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles.

FILES
       debian/package.files
	   Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can
	   also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved.

OPTIONS
       --sourcedir=dir
	   Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire
	   contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must
	   be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'.

-Xitem, --exclude=item
	   Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed.

file ...
	   Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory
	   will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in.

NOTES
       Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher
       than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be
       told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are
       ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)