Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date to be displayed in two digits Post 302341638 by venkatesht on Thursday 6th of August 2009 10:03:40 AM
Old 08-06-2009
Date to be displayed in two digits

I want the date to be displayed in two digits.

I have written a script to calculate yesterday's date. I'm getting the yesterday's date as 2009085.

Desired output:

Find the script below:

#!/bin/ksh
### Script to get Yesterday Date #############
Y=`date +'%Y'`
M=`date +'%m'`
D=`date +'%d'`
today=$Y$M$D
echo $today
if [ $M -eq 01 -o $M -eq 03 -o $M -eq 05 -o $M -eq 07 -o $M -eq 08 -o $M -eq 10 -o $M -eq 12 ] && [ $D -eq 01 ];then
yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 30`
echo $yesterday
else
if [ $M -eq 04 -o $M -eq 06 -o $M -eq 09 -o $M -eq 11 ] && [ $D -eq 01 ]; then
yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 29`
echo $yesterday
else
if [ $M -eq 02 -a $D -eq 01 ]; then
yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 27`
echo $yesterday
else
yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D - 1`
echo $yesterday
fi
fi
fi

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

hostname not displayed

Hi, I posted a problem earlier on on how to change IP addresses on an E450. I was able to work around this and wanna say thanks to all who assisted. But now on my server, I get this error, trying to configure hosts..RPC timed out. Also, when I type on the command line, hostname, nothing is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

swlist is not displayed in HP-UX

Hi swlist command is not displayed in HP-UX ..it displays swlist: Command not found. uname -a HP-UX inccishh B.11.11 U 9000/800 4046719263 unlimited-user license :b: Best Regards vasanthan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password is getting displayed

My shell script which runs on solaris has an execution in it. Contents of shell script BEGIN : Executable_filename username/password@DBinstance parameter2 parameter3 Contents of shell script END : When i launch the shell script, it connects to database to gets few details.. In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data displayed in two lines

Hi, I am a newbie to both Linux and this forum. I was trying to pull out the data from a database but it is not showing up in the multiple lines, with my limited knowledge i linux u tried to format this but wasn't exactly getting what i wanted. The screenshot below shows my problem. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ninjaa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort date in decimal values uptp two digits

Hi all, there is a data in a file wich loks likes 00:00:49|24.48| 00:01:49|22.83| 00:02:49|22.07| 00:03:49|20.72| 00:04:49|21.28| 00:05:49|21.22| 00:06:49|21.38| 00:07:49|20.93| 00:08:49|21.27| 00:09:49|20.65| 00:10:49|19.42| 00:11:49|21.93| 00:12:49|20.62| 00:13:49|20.23|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: single digits inflated to 2 digits

Hi Folks Probably an easy one here but how do I get a sequence to get used as mentioned. For example in the following I want to automatically create files that have a 2 digit number at the end of their names: m@pyhead:~$ for x in $(seq 00 10); do touch file_$x; done m@pyhead:~$ ls file*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amadain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

password getting displayed using sudo

Hi While doing the following command password is gettin dispalyed : ssh <host> "sudo command ; exit" .... while i type my password for 2nd its gettin displayed ... i tried stty -echo and stty echo ... still i am havin problem..:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing a message from being displayed

I have a script which checks for *.txt files in a particular directory and if no files were found then it goes into sleep for 10 secs and looks back for files again and if any files were found then the script does some processing with the files found, which is my requirement too. FILE_EXISTS=`ls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filenames with three digits and add zeros to make five digits

Hello all! I've looked all over the internet and this site and have come up a loss with an easy way to make a bash script to do what I want to do. I have a file with a naming convention as follows: 2012-01-18 string of words here 123.jpg 2012-01-18 string of words here 1234.jpg 2012-01-18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed / awk script to delete the two digits from first 3 digits

Hi All , I am having an input file as stated below 5728 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r03_q_reg_20_/Q 011 611 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r04_q_reg_20_/Q 011 3486... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)