Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Load data from a flat file to oracle. Post 302341596 by Shivdatta on Thursday 6th of August 2009 08:56:03 AM
Old 08-06-2009
Load data from a unformated flat file to oracle (use xml approach).

I have a flat file with records like

Header
123 James Williams Finance2000
124 Pete Pete HR 1500
125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000
Footer

The structure is:
Eno:4 characters
Name:8 characters
Surname : 9 characters
Dept:7 characters
Sal:4characters

These are sample records.Need to load a large data of this format onto Table1.Read somewhere that i can create a XML and and then load it via sqlloader.
Also one important here is I need to load Name,Surname and Dept also in Table2.
means some field might go onto 1 table and the others into other.

Can any one point me in right direction.
Thanks

Last edited by Shivdatta; 08-06-2009 at 10:09 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table ....???

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4 variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading Oracle data to unix in flat file

Hi I would like to know how to load oracle data to unix flat file using a shell script. Can we use sqlldr to import data from oracle, if so can anyone help me with it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't load external file from unix into Oracle DB

Hi all, I'm traying to run a script on Unix with in it sql +. In this script I want to load a externall file that stand on my unix system into a tmp table of a oracle db, but for some reason it won't work. Find below the script. #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=db1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuut-Tuut
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table...

I have to export data from table into flat file with | delimited. In the ksh file, I am adding below to do this activity. $DBSTRING contains the sqlplus command and $SQL_STRING contains the SQL query. File is created properly with the data as per SQL command. I am getting white spaces in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data is available or not in a flat file generated by Oracle

Hello, please help me an the below issue. i need to check whether data is available or not in a flat file generated by oracle (sometimes sql didn't any records) to overcome this. without opening flat file. Thanks....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
1 Replies
lh_stats(3)							      OpenSSL							       lh_stats(3)

NAME
lh_stats, lh_node_stats, lh_node_usage_stats, lh_stats_bio, lh_node_stats_bio, lh_node_usage_stats_bio - LHASH statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/lhash.h> void lh_stats(LHASH *table, FILE *out); void lh_node_stats(LHASH *table, FILE *out); void lh_node_usage_stats(LHASH *table, FILE *out); void lh_stats_bio(LHASH *table, BIO *out); void lh_node_stats_bio(LHASH *table, BIO *out); void lh_node_usage_stats_bio(LHASH *table, BIO *out); DESCRIPTION
The LHASH structure records statistics about most aspects of accessing the hash table. This is mostly a legacy of Eric Young writing this library for the reasons of implementing what looked like a nice algorithm rather than for a particular software product. lh_stats() prints out statistics on the size of the hash table, how many entries are in it, and the number and result of calls to the routines in this library. lh_node_stats() prints the number of entries for each 'bucket' in the hash table. lh_node_usage_stats() prints out a short summary of the state of the hash table. It prints the 'load' and the 'actual load'. The load is the average number of data items per 'bucket' in the hash table. The 'actual load' is the average number of items per 'bucket', but only for buckets which contain entries. So the 'actual load' is the average number of searches that will need to find an item in the hash table, while the 'load' is the average number that will be done to record a miss. lh_stats_bio(), lh_node_stats_bio() and lh_node_usage_stats_bio() are the same as the above, except that the output goes to a BIO. RETURN VALUES
These functions do not return values. SEE ALSO
bio(3), lhash(3) HISTORY
These functions are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. This manpage is derived from the SSLeay documentation. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 lh_stats(3)