Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to discard instruction from previous signal Post 302341429 by Corona688 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 01:52:09 AM
Old 08-06-2009
Well, you can't cancel signals that way. How about blocking them instead? You can make a signal wait in a queue until you're ready to deal with it with sigprocmask.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Case Instruction

Hi, this is my script to make a choice between 4 : clear echo " choose a profile and enter a number" echo echo " 1- oraSTT " echo echo " 2- appSTT " echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

2. Solaris

what is that 1 in the instruction!~ (please help fast)

Hi all, make_lofs /.cdrom/<something>/<something> 1 what does this instruction mean? Note:both the "something" are obviously different . I would like to know what that 1 means, the rest of the instruction is clear!! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed discard chars after last _

Hi, I'd get fields like unix_linux_form_yyyyddmmhhmi.file.txt shell_programming_and_scripting.txt so on... and want them as below unix_linux_form shell_programming_and I could remove everything after a '.' as below echo $field | sed 's/\..*//' but how to remove... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh interrupt read instruction with signal

Dear shell experts, I spent last few days porting ksh script from ksh88/SunOS to ksh93/Linux. Basically, things are going well and I do not have too much troubles porting ks88 script to ksh93, but I stuck on one item. It's about sending and handling the signal. I found two similar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pattern and discard lines before it?

Hi all, I'd like to search a file for the first occurence of the phrase "PLASTICS THAT EXPIRE" and then discard all the lines that came before it. Output the remainder to a new file. Operating system is hp-ux. I've searched for usual awk and sed one liners but can't find a solution. Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp –r instruction

Pleas I want answer to this question? Pleas help me A system administrator suspects that there is an attack on his machine; he needs to make a backup of the files to check when they have been modified. For this purpose he uses the "cp -r" instruction to copy the root directory. What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number some lines discard others?

Hi, I'd like to do an operation on text with a format like this this line shall be numbered this line shall not be numbered this line shall also be numbered this line shall not not be numbered And I want an output like this 1 this line shall be numbered this line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeppe83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discard part of a file based on a pattern ---

I have the file: s3_T0(2) Pos "1" "2" s1_T1(2) Pos "1" "2" --- 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 --- 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I want to patternmatch on --- and get only the third part i.e. 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I wanted to start simple but even something like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle_fly
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crunch character combination and discard similar content

Hi guys ! I generated the power set of the set S={a,b,c} using crunch: crunch 1 3 abc and get the 39 possible subsets: a b c aa ab ac ba bb bc ca cb cc … (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies