Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find lines from one file in the other and print them Post 302341398 by coppuca on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 09:52:22 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Thank you! The loop works without ^.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix help to find blank lines in a file and print numbers on that line

Hi, I would like to know how to solve one of my problems using expert unix commands. I have a file with occasional blank lines; for example; dertu frthu fghtu frtty frtgy frgtui frgtu ghrye frhutp frjuf I need to edit the file so that the file looks like this; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
10 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Print lines 20-30 from a file

Hi I want to print lines 20-30 from a file. In UNIX , this command will work sed -n '20,30p' file However what is the equivalent command in DOS ? Pls help me ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word and print n lines before and after the match

how to find a word and print n lines before and after the match until a blank line is encounterd (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on column in file1, find match in file2 and print matching lines

file1: file2: I need to find matches for any lines in file1 that appear in file2. Desired output is '>' plus the file1 term, followed by the line after the match in file2 (so the title is a little misleading): This is honestly beyond what I can do without spending the whole night on it, so I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Find Pattern Print Lines Before and After

Using grep I can easily use: cvs log |grep -iB 10 -A 10 'date: 2013-10-30' to display search results and 10 lines before and after. How can this be accompished using gawk? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find key pattern and print selected lines for each record

Hi, I need help on a complicated file that I am working on. I wanted to extract important info from a very huge file. It is space delimited file. I have hundred thousands of records in this file. An example content of the inputfile as below:- ## ID Ser402 Old; 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies
SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::DiffParser - Parse patch files containing unified and standard diffs NOTE
This is Text::Diff::Parser, plus some local bug fixes that were exposed by use with SVN::Web. For more details about Text::Diff::Parser please see CPAN. SYNOPSIS
use SVN::Web::DiffParser; # create the object my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new(); # With options $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Simplify=>1, # simplify the diff Strip=>2 ); # strip 2 directories # Create object. Parse $file $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( File=>$file ); # Create object. Parse text my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $text ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Diff=>$text ); # parse a file $parser->parse_file( $filename ); # parse a string $parser->parse( $text ); # Remove no-change lines. Combine line substitutions $parser->simplify; # Find results foreach my $change ( $parser->changes ) { print "File1: ", $change->filename1; print "Line1: ", $change->line1; print "File2: ", $change->filename2; print "Line2: ", $change->line2; print "Type: ", $change->type; my $size = $change->size; foreach my $line ( 0..($size-1) ) { print "Line: ", $change->line( $size ); } } # In scalar context, returns the number of changes my $n = $parser->changes; print "There are $n changes", # Get the changes to a given file my @changes = $parser->changes( 'Makefile.PL' ); # Get list of files changed by the diff my @files = $parser->files; DESCRIPTION
"SVN::Web::DiffParser" parses diff files and patches. It allows you to access the changes to a file in a standardized way, even if multiple patch formats are used. A diff may be viewed a series of operations on a file, either adding, removing or modifying lines of one file (the "from-file") to produce another file (the "to-file"). Diffs are generally produced either by hand with diff, or by your version control system ("cvs diff", "svn diff", ...). Some diff formats, notably unified diffs, also contain null operations, that is lines that "SVN::Web::DiffParser" currently parses unified diff format and standard diff format. Unified diffs look like the following. --- Filename1 2006-04-12 18:47:22.000000000 -0400 +++ Filename2 2006-04-12 19:21:16.000000000 -0400 @@ -1,4 +1,6 @@ ONE TWO -THREE +honk FOUR +honk +honk Standard diffs look like the following. diff something something.4 3c3 < THREE --- > honk 4a5,6 > honk > honk The diff line isn't in fact part of the format but is necessary to find which files the chunks deal with. It is output by "cvs diff" and "svn diff" so that isn't a problem. METHODS
new $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new; $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $handle ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( %params ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( \%params ); Object constructor. Diff String that contains a diff. This diff will be parse before "new" returns. File File name or file handle that is parsed before "new" returns. Simplify Simplifying a patch involves dropping all null-operations and converting and remove operation followed by an add operation (or an add followed by a remove) of the same size on the same lines into a modify operation. Strip Strip N leading directories from all filenames. Less then useful for standard diffs produced by "cvs diff", because they don't contain directory information. Verbose If true, print copious details of what is going on. parse_file $parser->parse_file( $file ); $parser->parse_file( $handle ); Read and parse the file or file handle specified. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". parse $parser->parse( $string ); Parses the diff present in $string. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". files %files = $parser->files; Fetch a list of all the files that were referenced in the patch. The keys are original files ("from-file") and the values are the modified files ("to-file"). changes @changes = $parser->changes; $n = $parser->changes; @changes = $parser->changes( $file ); $n = $parser->changes( $file ); Return all the operations (array context) or the number of operations in the patch file. If $file is specified, only returns changes to that file ("from-file" or "to-file"). Elements of the returned array are change objects, as described in "CHANGE METHODS" below. CHANGE METHODS
The "changes" method returns an array of objects that describe each operation. You may use the following methods to find out details of the operation. type Returns the type of operation, either 'ADD', 'REMOVE', 'MODIFY' or '' (null operation). filename1 Filename of the "from-file". filename2 Filename of the "to-file". line1 Line in the "from-file" the operation starts at. line2 Line in the "to-file" the operation starts at. size Number of lines affected by this operation. text @lines = $ch->text; $line = $ch->text( $N ); Fetch the text of the line $N if present or all lines of affected by this operation. For '' (null) and 'REMOVE' operations, these are the lines present before the operation was done ('from-file'. For 'ADD' and 'MODIFY' operations, these are the lines present after the operation was done ('to-file'. BUGS
I'm not 100% sure of standard diff handling. Missing support for context diffs. SEE ALSO
Text::Diff, Arch, diff. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <gwyn-at-cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Philip Gwyn This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)