Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing list values in Perl Post 302341359 by KevinADC on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 04:44:13 PM
Old 08-05-2009
looks like a duplicate of your other thread:

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...rays-perl.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two float values

I am trying to compare 2 float values using if the foll code does not work a=1.4 b=1.6 if test $a -gt $b then echo "$a is max" else echo "$b is max" fi does -gt work for floating point numbers, if not how do go about for my requirement? can i use bc ? pls help thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing values of same variable

Hello all while writing a small script , i got stuck with this simple thing.Hope you guyz can help. Iam trying to read password echo"enter password" read $pwd now i have to check this echo"enter password to proceed" read $pwd now i have to check both the values of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing values

i have two file and i am comparing both.. in cmp1 ,the content is : the nu of file is : <some integer value> in cmp2 ,the content is : the nu of file is : so want a script which will take value (2) when cmp1 is compared with cmp2.. i mean cmp cmp1 cmp2 the the output will be he nu of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing values in column 1

Hi to all, I have the following text within inputfile data1,value1,value2 data1,value3,value2 data1,value5,value6 data2,value1,value2 data2,value3,value4 data3,value1,value2 data3,value3,value4 data4,value1,value2 data4,value3,value4 data4,value5,value6 I would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the values of two files

Hi Am trying to compare the values of two files.. One is a big file that has many values and the other is a small file.. The big file has all values present in small file.. # cat SmallFile 4456602 22347881 7471282 15859891 8257690 21954701 7078068 18219229 2883826 6094959 100000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl next if @array (exclude a list of values)

I'm trying to exlude a list of values with perl to process while reading in a file. Is there a way to use the next if with a list? Example: @array = qw(val1 val2 val3 val6); while (<>) { next if $_ =~ @array; # values I don't want to process here print; # process the rest here }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting and comparing values

I was trying to extract value of g1 and p1 only inside the tags where t1 is "Reading C (bytes)" and comparing them to make sure p1 is always less than g1. Here is the Json file I'm using - File:- { "g1" : 1482568, "n1" : "v_4", "p1" : 0, "s1" : "RC", "t1" : "LM", } { "g1" :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
3 Replies
XmTabListReplacePositions(library call) 								   XmTabListReplacePositions(library call)

NAME
XmTabListReplacePositions -- A convenience function that creates a new tab list with replacement tabs SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListReplacePositions( XmTabList oldlist, Cardinal *position_list, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListReplacePositions creates a new tab list that contains the contents of oldlist, but with the tabs at the positions in position_list replaced with copies of the corresponding tabs in tabs. A warning message is displayed if a specified position is invalid; for example, if the value is a number greater than the number of tabs in the tab list. This function deallocates the original tab list after extracting the required information. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using the XmTabFree function. oldlist Specifies the tab list. The function deallocates the tab list after extracting the required information. position_list Specifies an array of positions of the tabs to be replaced. The position of the first tab is 0 (zero), the position of the second tab is 1, and so on. tabs Specifies an array of the replacement tabs. tab_count Specifies the number of elements in position_list and tabs. RETURN
If tabs, oldlist, or position_list is NULL, or tab_count is 0 (zero), returns oldlist. Otherwise, this function returns the new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The applica- tion can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3). XmTabListReplacePositions(library call)