Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Analysis of a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Analysis of a script Post 302341343 by Bill L. on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 03:25:42 PM
Old 08-05-2009
db2 CLP - command line processor - should be on that region.

type
=> db2

should see something like
(c) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993,2002
Command Line Processor for DB2 SDK 8.2.6

You can issue database manager commands and SQL statements from the command
prompt. For example:
db2 => connect to sample
db2 => bind sample.bnd

For general help, type: ?.
For command help, type: ? command, where command can be
the first few keywords of a database manager command. For example:
? CATALOG DATABASE for help on the CATALOG DATABASE command
? CATALOG for help on all of the CATALOG commands.

To exit db2 interactive mode, type QUIT at the command prompt. Outside
interactive mode, all commands must be prefixed with 'db2'.
To list the current command option settings, type LIST COMMAND OPTIONS.

For more detailed help, refer to the Online Reference Manual.

db2 =>
Bill L.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Catalina Analysis

How can I make analysis for catalina.out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Burhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script: decrypt text uses frequency analysis

Ez all! I have a question how to decrypt text uses letter frequency analysis. I have code which count the letters, but what i need to do after that. Can anybody help me to write a code. VERY NEEDED! My code now: #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="" } { for (i=1; i <= NF; i++) { if ($i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SerJel
4 Replies

3. Programming

Regarding stack analysis

I would like to know how I could do the following : void func(){ int a = 100; b=0; int c = a/b; } void sig_handler (int sig,siginfo_t *info,void *context){ //signal handling function //here I want to access the variables of func() } int main(){ struct sigaction *act =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Metacharacters analysis

:confused:Hi , Can someone please advise what is the meaning of metacharacters in below code? a_PROCESS=${0##*/} a_DPFX=${a_PROCESS%.*} a_LPFX="a_DPFX : $$ : " a_UPFX="Usage: $a_PROCESS" Regards, gehlnar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time range extraction via Awk or analysis script?

Hello does anyone know of an awk that will extract log file entries between a specific date and time range, eg: awk '/15\/Dec\/2010:16:10:00/, /15\/Dec\/2010:16:15:00/' access_log but one that works? Or a free command line log file analysis tool/script? I'd like to be able to view... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text analysis

Hey Guys, Does anyone know how to count the separate amount of words in a text file? e.g the 5 and 20 Furthermore does anyone know how to convert whole numbers in decimals? Thanks (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: John0101
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash output analysis script

I want to create a script to analyse each output from a task while it is running and launch a sub-function if a specific error message is found at any point or to continue as normal. #!/bin/bash read checker <<< $('Running process') if ; then 'Sub-function' elif "continue as normal" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)