Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Capture child processes and change return values question Post 302341292 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 12:16:47 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxhats
Doesn't it require copying lots of files/libs into the chrooted envronment. I'm trying to avoid such a thing, as it makes it more difficult for teachers, new to Linux, to replicate this along with everything else already in place.
You could just link files instead of copying them. They would have to be hardlinks, not symlinks, but it wouldn't need to be copied wholesale as long as its on the same partition.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are parent and child processes all about?

I don't follow what these are... this is what my text says... "When a process is started, a duplicate of that process is created. This new process is called the child and the process that created it is called the parent. The child process then replaces the copy for the code the parent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Controlling child processes

Hello all, I am trying to create n child processes and control them from a parent process; say make child 3 print its pid and then child 5 do the same and some other stuff. Is there a way to accomplishing this after all the child processes are created via a call to fork(). Thank you, FG (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumGuy
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parent/Child Processes

Hello. I have a global function name func1() that I am sourcing in from script A. I call the function from script B. Is there a way to find out which script called func1() dynamically so that the func1() can report it in the event there are errors? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
2 Replies

4. Programming

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n", getpid(),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_dot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green_dot
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

killing all child processes

Hi, Is there a way I can kill all the child processes of a process, given its process id. Many thanks in advance. J. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture PID for a child script

Hi, I'm looking for a method where we can capture the PID and if possible the progress of child process especially the ones running in background. can anyone help? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aman jain
6 Replies

8. Programming

How to capture messages from child process?

Hi all, I'm new in programming, but want to start writing a simple GUI for linux console application,say, wget.(for educational purpose :) ). The question is: how to start child process from C++ code and then start capture messages from its stdout? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vahagn_iv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture C program return values in Kshell

I have a K shell script (ksh) that needs to return an email address. A C program was written (prog1) to now access the email address off of an oracle table. The call to the program in the ksh is prog1 -p parm1 Based on Parm1 the program will read an oracle table and retrieve the email... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all child processes of a process

is there a universal way of getting the children of a particular process? i'm looking for a solution that works across different OSes...linux, aix, sunos, hpux. i did a search online and i kept finding answers that were specific to Linux..i.e. pstree. i want to be able to specify a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
ucommon-config(1)						   GNU Telephony						 ucommon-config(1)

NAME
ucommon-config - script to get information about ucommon library SYNOPSIS
ucommon-config [options] DESCRIPTION
ucommon-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use the ucommon library. Note: ucommon-config is provided for compatibility with legacy software only. Current projects should use pkg-config instead! OPTIONS
--version Print the currently installed version of ucommon on the standard output. --secure Print additional libraries needed to link a program with ucommonsecurecrytographiclibrary --scripting Print additional linker flags needed to link a program with ucommonscriptlibrary --includes Print the include directory for ucommonheaders --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program with ucommon --plugins Print the directory for ucommonplugins --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program with ucommon --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that ucommon was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that ucommon was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1). AUTHOR
ucommon-config was written by David Sugar <dyfet@gnutelephony.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 David Sugar, Tycho Softworks. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. GNU Common C++ uCommon July 2009 ucommon-config(1)