Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming set timestamp of file using C Post 302341277 by edgarvm on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 12:02:26 PM
Old 08-05-2009
set timestamp of file using C

hi everyone:
i need set the timestamp of a file using ansi c, please, give me your suggestions, i'm using mingw.

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set file's timestamp

Hello all, In C - Is there a way of setting a timestamp for a file, and keeping it unchanged? Status information of the file in structure stat is modified automatically, and therefore, as I understand, is not good for that purpose ... ... Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help finding a file where a pattern exists and the file has a timestamp

So, I know how to do some of this stuff on an individual level, but I'm drawing a blank as to how to put it all together. I have a pattern that I'm looking for in a log file. The log file I know came in yesterday, so I want to limit the search to that day's listing of files. How would I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kontrol
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the latest file based on a timestamp for a Dynamic file name

Hi , I did the initial search but could not find what I was expecting for. 15606Always_9999999997_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999998_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999999_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999900_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999911_20160418.xmlAbove is the list of files I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
term::ansi::code::macros(3tcl)					 Terminal control				    term::ansi::code::macros(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::macros - Macro sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require textutil::repeat package require textutil::tabify package require term::ansi::code::macros ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::macros::names ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides higher level control sequences for more complex shapes. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::macros::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace macros. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. SEQUENCES ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu The description of a menu is converted into a formatted rectangular block of text, with the menu command characters highlighted using bold red text. The result is returned as the result of the command. The description, menu, is a dictionary mapping from menu label to command character. ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string The paragraph of text contained in the string is padded with spaces at the right margin, after normalizing internal tabs, and then put into a frame made of box-graphics. The result is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, control, frame, menu, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::macros(3tcl)