Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to practice OBP without having sun system. Post 302341040 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 03:06:16 AM
Old 08-05-2009
"eeprom" will work as x86 systems have a file where these settings will go...

from the eeprom manpage:
Code:
  x86
     EEPROM storage is simulated using a  file  residing  in  the
     platform-specific  boot  area.  The /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
     file simulates EEPROM storage.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Solaris OBP Question

Hi, Does anyone know where i can find information on openboot prompt. My machine boot up with the number 1 ok. What does that mean? Any kind of help will be nice. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Good (cheap) System for practice?

Hi! I am currently an M$ engineer who wants to move my career towards UNIX. My datacenter has about 300 Sun servers but not enough SA's (we also have 1800 Windows Servers). My manager is supportive of my moving toward UNIX, and I know it won't be an overnight move, but I am willing to put in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dabobbo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Need an AIX system to practice on for genfilt

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get an AIX system to experiment with? It's easy to learn Linux because it's readily available and can be installed just about anywhere, but it looks like AIX requires proprietary hardware. My end goal is to test the behavior of packet filtering rules... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purefinity
4 Replies

4. Hardware

Updating OBP on a Sun Sunfire 280R

Hi, I'm a newbie in the Unix world... :confused: I own a Sun Sunfire 280R computer with one 750Mhz CPU. I ordered two CPU of 900Mhz to replace it; however in the Service manual from Sun I read that to use 900Mhz CPU i will need to have a OBP of at least version 4.5.16. When I type .version in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey114
2 Replies
sf880drd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sf880drd(1M)

NAME
sf880drd - Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon SYNOPSIS
sf880drd DESCRIPTION
The Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon, sf880drd, is part of the PCI and system bus hotplug framework. sf880drd starts at boot time. It has no configuration options and does not report any system status. sf880drd implements the Sun Fire 880 console-less system administration (per-slot pushbuttons and LED status indicators). It also manages various aspects of CPU/memory hotplug. FILES
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/sf880drd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsfdr.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_pci(1M), cfgadm_sbd(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The sf880drd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/sf880drd Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2004 sf880drd(1M)