Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to practice OBP without having sun system. Post 302341036 by deaconf19 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 02:58:50 AM
Old 08-05-2009
I have Solaris 10 on my VM as well. As for OBP it is an on board SUN systems. I do not think you can practice. you could try eeprom but I am not sure that will work either since there is not a OBP on there MOBO

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Solaris OBP Question

Hi, Does anyone know where i can find information on openboot prompt. My machine boot up with the number 1 ok. What does that mean? Any kind of help will be nice. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Good (cheap) System for practice?

Hi! I am currently an M$ engineer who wants to move my career towards UNIX. My datacenter has about 300 Sun servers but not enough SA's (we also have 1800 Windows Servers). My manager is supportive of my moving toward UNIX, and I know it won't be an overnight move, but I am willing to put in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dabobbo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Need an AIX system to practice on for genfilt

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get an AIX system to experiment with? It's easy to learn Linux because it's readily available and can be installed just about anywhere, but it looks like AIX requires proprietary hardware. My end goal is to test the behavior of packet filtering rules... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purefinity
4 Replies

4. Hardware

Updating OBP on a Sun Sunfire 280R

Hi, I'm a newbie in the Unix world... :confused: I own a Sun Sunfire 280R computer with one 750Mhz CPU. I ordered two CPU of 900Mhz to replace it; however in the Service manual from Sun I read that to use 900Mhz CPU i will need to have a OBP of at least version 4.5.16. When I type .version in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey114
2 Replies
updatemanager(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 updatemanager(1M)

NAME
updatemanager - start the Sun Update Manager application SYNOPSIS
updatemanager DESCRIPTION
The updatemanager command starts the Sun Update Manager application. The Sun Update Manager is a graphical user interface (GUI) that you can use to manage updates and patches on your Solaris system. For more information about using this application, see the Sun Update Manager 1.0 Administration Guide in the Sun Update Connection, System Edition Collection on docs.sun.com. You can also manage updates and patches on the command line by using the smpatch command. See the smpatch(1M) man page. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWupdatemgru | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smpatch(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2005 updatemanager(1M)