Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exclude files not working
Operating Systems AIX exclude files not working Post 302340936 by balaji_prk on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 05:18:48 PM
Old 08-04-2009
I am not sure how the mksysb is being taken but would be interested to see what command is being used for the same.

normally "-e" option is used to specify to exclude files listed in /etc/exclude.rootvg. I would check if "-e" option is still there.

Bala

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du (exclude files)

Hi, I want to get the disk usage of a directory. But I want it to ignore a particular directory within it. Lets say I want disk usage of all files/dirs within dir1 except those that are named .snapshot Does du have the option of excluding a particular directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - exclude statement not working

hey all, i'm trying to rsync some dir's and files between servers and i've added an exclude statement, but it still goes out and tries to rsync the directory. I've tried the following: --exclude="/export/home/zones/lab" as well as: --exclude=/export/home/zones/lab and also:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

working with tar exclude command

i have issue with tar, let me explain when i run below command it works perfectly as usual. tar -cvf /tmp/temp.tar --exclude="exclusion expression" dir my requirement is --exclude="exclusion expression" will come from another variable. so when i execute below command: tar -cvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to exclude .NFSxxx files in clear old files batch script

I am new to Shell Scripting and need some help. The following batch job has been failing for me due to the .nfsxxx files in use. I need to know how to modify the following script to exclude the .nfsxxx files so this batch job will not fail on me. I have done lots of googling and keep coming back... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude files in gzip command

hi, I would like to exlcude certain files which starts with AUS from a directory while gzip the files but i need it in gzip command only direct: AUS1.tx AUS2.txt NZ1.txt i want to gzip only NZ1.txt to NZ1.gz files starting with AUS should not be gzipped and i need it in gzip... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
23 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude files in ls

Hi, I need to exlucde the files which are present in exclude.txt from a directory exlcude.txt AUZ.txt AUZ.chk NZ.txt NZ.chk tried with below code but not working ls -ltr | grep -v `cat exclude.lst` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

9. Solaris

TAR exclude is not working !

I have solaris 10 and my following exclude is not working: tar -cvf /export/home/backups/$audit-Data-$useday.bkup.tar /Data --exclude=/Data/ssg/output a /Data/ssg/output/ 0K a /Data/ssg/output/ssg-ported508.txt 107142K a /Data/ssg/output/ssg-ported747.txt 1801K a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Exclude Files That Still On Transfer..

Hi. I want to schedule a job at some directory will several files in it. But there maybe a situation whereby some of the files at the point of the schedule are still transferring during that time. So I want to skip those files from being processed. Two method that come to my mind: 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
5 Replies
nisbackup(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             nisbackup(1M)

NAME
nisbackup - backup NIS+ directories SYNOPSIS
nisbackup [-v] backup-dir directory... nisbackup [-v] -a backup-dir DESCRIPTION
nisbackup backs up a NIS+ directory object on a NIS+ master server. Updates to the NIS+ database will be temporarily disabled while nis- backup is running. The backup-dir is a UNIX directory that must exist prior to running nisbackup. The nisbackup command can be used to backup an individual NIS+ directory object or all ( -a) of the NIS+ directory objects served by a master server. The NIS+ directory objects being backed up will be placed into subdirectories under the backup-dir directory. These subdirectories are named according to the NIS+ directory object they contain. nisbackup operates on individual NIS+ directory objects (for example, org_dir.wiz.com). This allows an administrator to selectively backup specific directories. The rpc.nisd(1M) process must be running on the master server with a stable NIS+ database for nisbackup to complete. nisbackup will not attempt to correct any corruption in the NIS+ database, so it is important that backups be done regularly as part of the NIS+ administra- tion. The first synopsis is used to backup a single NIS+ directory object or a list of NIS+ directory objects. The objects can be partially qual- ified or fully qualified. The machine on which the command is executing must be the master for the NIS+ directory objects specified. The second synopsis will backup all of the NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. The -a option is the recommended method of backing up a master server, since it will backup all NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. If this server is a master server for more than one domain, the backup will include NIS+ directories that belong to all of the domains served. Individual NIS+ direc- tory objects can be selected for restoring from a backup-dir created with the -a option. See nisrestore(1M). The -a option only includes directory objects for which this server is the master. It is possible, but not recommended, to configure a master server as a replica for other domains. The objects belonging to those replicated domains will not be backed up with the -a option. The backup of replicated objects must be run on the master server for those objects. Do not use the same backup-dir to backup different master servers. Each master server must have its own backup-dir. nisbackup will set the rpc.nisd(1M) to read only mode, which will disable updates to the NIS+ database. This is neccessary to ensure the consistency of the backup. For this reason, nisbackup should not be run while large numbers of updates are being applied to the NIS+ data- base. Update utilities such as nisaddent(1M) should not be run simultaneously with nisbackup. OPTIONS
-a Creates a backup of all NIS+ directory objects for which this server is a master. -v Verbose option. Additional output will be produced and sent to syslog(3C) upon execution of the command (see syslog.conf(4)). OPERANDS
backup-dir The directory into which the subdirectories containing the backed up objects are placed. This must be created prior to running nisbackup. directory The NIS+ directory object(s) being backed up. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Backup of the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup To backup the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup org_dir.foo.com. Example 2: Backup of the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup To backup the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup foo.com. org_dir.foo.com. groups_dir.foo.com. ctx_dir.foo.com. Example 3: Backup of an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup To backup an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup -a /backup EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/backup-dir/backup_list This ascii file contains a list of all the objects contained in this backup-dir directory. /backup-dir/directory-object A subdirectory that is created in the backup-dir that contains the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/data A subdirectory that contains the data files that are part of the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/last.upd This data file contains timestamp information about the directory-object. /backup-dir/directory-object/data.dict A NIS+ data dictionary for all of the objects contained in the NIS+ directory-object backup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nisdefaults(1), nisrm(1), nisrestore(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), syslog(3C), nisfiles(4), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisbackup(1M)