Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting examples of hyperlinks in emails Post 302340890 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 03:18:10 PM
Old 08-04-2009
Depends wholly on the mail client and nothing else, since email is nothing but plain text. Some email clients automatically turn strings beginning in http:// into links, some have limited support for HTML tags, some have both.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace buttons with hyperlinks

I have a script that uploads file push buttons, but i want to replace buttons with hyperlinks. Please send suggessions Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handshakeit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to generate hyperlinks refuses to work

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and not a programmer, but I'm writing a bash script to preprocess definitions of technical terms by inserting hyperlinks pointing to other pages in the glossary before the pages are posted to our server, using a standard naming convention for the pages. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markfgilliland
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Email address hyperlinks in PDF

Hi there, when I convert a Word document to PDF (with different tools) everything works fine, but my email address name.surname@xxxmail.com in hyperlinks is changed in surname@xxxmail.com. While if I try with the same address without the dot namesurname@xxxmail.com everything works correctly.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard Link Examples

Hello, Please move this if I chose the wrong forum category. This question pertains to Unix and Linux I believe. I google the difference between hard and symbolic/soft links and I understand the difference. What I am trying to find is a real example of a hard link being used in a Operating... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to get all the hyperlinks from the xlsx sheet(hyperlinks not visible in excel sheet directly)

Hi folks, I have a requirement in perl to print all the hyperlink from the spreadsheet(xlsx). Spreadsheet contains few lines of hyperlink data (pic attached). P.S. Hyperlink is behind the data and not visible in excel sheet directly. Now using perl script I need to copy the hyperlinks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies
Email::Abstract(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Abstract(3pm)

NAME
Email::Abstract - unified interface to mail representations SYNOPSIS
my $message = Mail::Message->read($rfc822) || Email::Simple->new($rfc822) || Mail::Internet->new([split / /, $rfc822]) || ... || $rfc822; my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); my $subject = $email->get_header("Subject"); $email->set_header(Subject => "My new subject"); my $body = $email->get_body; $rfc822 = $email->as_string; my $mail_message = $email->cast("Mail::Message"); DESCRIPTION
"Email::Abstract" provides module writers with the ability to write simple, representation-independent mail handling code. For instance, in the cases of "Mail::Thread" or "Mail::ListDetector", a key part of the code involves reading the headers from a mail object. Where previously one would either have to specify the mail class required, or to build a new object from scratch, "Email::Abstract" can be used to perform certain simple operations on an object regardless of its underlying representation. "Email::Abstract" currently supports "Mail::Internet", "MIME::Entity", "Mail::Message", "Email::Simple" and "Email::MIME". Other representations are encouraged to create their own "Email::Abstract::*" class by copying "Email::Abstract::EmailSimple". All modules installed under the "Email::Abstract" hierarchy will be automatically picked up and used. METHODS
All of these methods may be called either as object methods or as class methods. When called as class methods, the email object (of any class supported by Email::Abstract) must be prepended to the list of arguments, like so: my $return = Email::Abstract->method($message, @args); This is provided primarily for backwards compatibility. new my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); Given a message, either as a string or as an object for which an adapter is installed, this method will return a Email::Abstract object wrapping the message. If the message is given as a string, it will be used to construct an object, which will then be wrapped. get_header my $header = $email->get_header($header_name); my @headers = $email->get_header($header_name); This returns the values for the given header. In scalar context, it returns the first value. set_header $email->set_header($header => @values); This sets the $header header to the given one or more values. get_body my $body = $email->get_body; This returns the body as a string. set_body $email->set_body($string); This changes the body of the email to the given string. WARNING! You probably don't want to call this method, despite what you may think. Email message bodies are complicated, and rely on things like content type, encoding, and various MIME requirements. If you call "set_body" on a message more complicated than a single-part seven-bit plain-text message, you are likely to break something. If you need to do this sort of thing, you should probably use a specific message class from end to end. This method is left in place for backwards compatibility. as_string my $string = $email->as_string; This returns the whole email as a decoded string. cast my $mime_entity = $email->cast('MIME::Entity'); This method will convert a message from one message class to another. It will throw an exception if no adapter for the target class is known, or if the adapter does not provide a "construct" method. object my $message = $email->object; This method returns the message object wrapped by Email::Abstract. If called as a class method, it returns false. Note that, because strings are converted to message objects before wrapping, this method will return an object when the Email::Abstract was constructed from a string. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Abstract> AUTHOR
Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com> Simon Cozens, <simon@cpan.org> Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by Simon Cozens This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-18 Email::Abstract(3pm)