Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface statistic reset Post 302340883 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 02:34:22 PM
Old 08-04-2009
if i remember right only a system reboot will reset this...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

network card physical reset error

Hi all I am facing some problem with network card i am using solaris8 and on sunultra10 .As it is my firewal machine i have got on backup harddisk for any emergency. In one hardidsk while installation only hme0 interface was configured and in the backup hard disk qfe0/hme0 both are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Network interface issue

Hi All, I want to configure network into my system. i tried following in to configure the interface to find the name of interface #prtdiag |grep net i got following 0 PCI-1 33 1 network-SUNW, hme then i tried following #prtconf -v |grep net network, instance #0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need perl script to get a comprehend statistic of network activity in a LAN

need perl script to get a comprehend statistic of network activity in a LAN. The purpose is to get each indivisual data usages statistics so that I can determine who is doing the network congestion in terms of bandwidth usages both in real time and retrospectively.. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

5. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

NAME
reboot - boot the system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
causes the system to reboot. howto is a mask of reboot options (see specified as follows: A file system sync is performed (unless is set) and the processor is rebooted from the default device and file. The processor is simply halted. A sync of the file system is performed unless the flag is set. should be used with caution. On systems with cellular architecture, all cells in the partition are rebooted in order to reconfigure the stable complex configuration data. On systems with non-cellular architec- ture, the default is A sync of the file system is performed unless the flag is set. Shut down the system firmware to a "ready to reconfigure" state and do not reboot. This option can be used only in combination with A sync of the file system is not performed. Unless the flag has been specified, reboot(2) unmounts all mounted file systems and marks them clean so that it will not be necessary to run fsck(1M) on these file systems when the system reboots. Only users with appropriate privileges can reboot a machine. RETURN VALUE
If successful, this call never returns. Otherwise, a -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if this condition is encountered: [EPERM] The effective user ID of the caller is not a user with appropriate privileges. DEPENDENCIES
The default file and device for is on the current root device. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
reboot(1M), privileges(5). reboot(2)