Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do you manage your DMZ server accounts? Post 302340621 by humbletech99 on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 05:09:16 AM
Old 08-04-2009
Unix login accounts.

This isn't exactly giving away your company or home address, so I don't see the harm in the anonymous discussion...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to migrate user accounts to a new server

Hello All, I am a student sys admin and not a professional. I'd like to know how can I migrate the user accounts in the current server to a new server( to be installed) non-destructively. Also in what way the old server can be used after installation of the new server. I'd sincerely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maybemedic
2 Replies

2. Solaris

NIS server to manage NFS quota

I have a Solaris NIS master server to manage my Solaris NIS clients' passwd, group, shadow. I also have a EMC NAS. The NAS is NFS mounted on my clients. I would like to use disk quota to manage my users. From what I read from the SUN doc, quota can be implemented on the Solaris NFS client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

possible to lock accounts (passwd -l) and still allow acct to ssh to other server?

My scenario is as follows: We have a handful of batch accounts that run our production jobs. Our users are able to use sudo to become that account. Also, because of other reasons, the passwords are also listed in an encrypted file that each team can see their batch ID. So, I have some users... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

One DMZ server reverse proxy for 2 websites

Hi All, Hope this is the correct thread to ask this, if not, can an admin please move it to the correct thread. Got a wee problem I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have Network A with two servers hosting separate webpages (I will call these WP1 & WP2). A DMZ server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
6 Replies
HTDIGEST(1)                                                          htdigest                                                          HTDIGEST(1)

NAME
htdigest - manage user files for digest authentication SYNOPSIS
htdigest [ -c ] passwdfile realm username SUMMARY
htdigest is used to create and update the flat-files used to store usernames, realm and password for digest authentication of HTTP users. Resources available from the Apache HTTP server can be restricted to just the users listed in the files created by htdigest. This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details of the directives necessary to configure digest authentication in httpd see the Apache manual, which is part of the Apache distribution or can be found at http://httpd.apache.org/. OPTIONS
-c Create the passwdfile. If passwdfile already exists, it is deleted first. passwdfile Name of the file to contain the username, realm and password. If -c is given, this file is created if it does not already exist, or deleted and recreated if it does exist. realm The realm name to which the user name belongs. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2617#section-3.2.1 for more details. username The user name to create or update in passwdfile. If username does not exist is this file, an entry is added. If it does exist, the password is changed. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
This program is not safe as a setuid executable. Do not make it setuid. Apache HTTP Server 2012-07-19 HTDIGEST(1)