Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fall through case structure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fall through case structure Post 302340484 by hkansal on Monday 3rd of August 2009 02:05:07 PM
Old 08-03-2009
hmmm...

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I should go with what Zaxxon told me earlier and as I had initially done it. I don't require functions because only single line of code, so that can be put there itself.

Regards,
HKansal

Last edited by hkansal; 08-03-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem w. case structure

Hello, I am having a problem setting a range of numbers for the "case" structure. I can use with no problems, but when I use it doesn't work??? Does the case struture allow numeric ranges? eg: echo -e "enter number between 0 and 60: \c" read $answer case $answer in ) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe54321
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case structure

Hi, Can anyone help me with the following case structure? echo "Please enter the date for which you want the Report:\c" read dat d1=`echo $dat|cut -c7-8` m1=`echo $dat|cut -c5-6` y1=`echo $dat|cut -c1-4` yr=`expr "$d1" - 1` case "$yr" in 0) MONTH=`expr "$m1" - 1`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

4. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh case structure

Hello Experts, I ve been trying to build another shell where I am using the following code. transact="tv5cpc1" case "$transact" in "...cp..") xActType="" ;; "...de..") xActType="sp_dep" ;; "...ep..") xActType="sp_epa" ;; "....v.") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case structure in .sh file

Hi, while true do printf "$FBOLD\nPlease enter the minutes (0-59): $FREG" read MIN case "$MIN" in ||s) break 2;; *) echo "" echo "Invalid minutes, please try again.";; esac done In the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case structure combined with standard input

Hi folks, I am new to bash scripting so please excuse my question. Is there any chance to combine a case structure with the read command? Like case (read -p "" variable) in x) Thx! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haukee
7 Replies
Fmode(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Fmode(3pm)

NAME
FileHandle::Fmode - determine whether a filehandle is opened for reading, writing, or both. SYNOPSIS
use FileHandle::Fmode qw(:all); . . #$fh and FH are open filehandles print is_R($fh), " "; print is_W(*FH), " "; FUNCTIONS
$bool = is_FH($fh); $bool = is_FH(*FH); This is just a (more intuitively named) alias for is_arg_ok(). Returns 1 if its argument is an open filehandle. Returns 0 if its argument is something other than an open filehandle. $bool = is_arg_ok($fh); $bool = is_arg_ok(*FH); Returns 1 if its argument is an open filehandle. Returns 0 if its argument is something other than an open filehandle. Arguments to the following functions must be open filehandles. If any of those functions receive an argument that is not an open filehandle then the function dies with an appropriate error message. To ensure that your script won't suffer such a death, you could first check by passing the argument to is_FH(). Or you could wrap the function call in an eval{} block. Note that it may be possible that a filehandle opened for writing may become unwritable - if (eg) the disk becomes full. I don't know how the below functions would be affected by such an event. I suspect that they would be unaware of the change ... but I haven't actually checked. $bool = is_R($fh); $bool = is_R(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle is readable. Else returns false. $bool = is_W($fh); $bool = is_W(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle is writable. Else returns false $bool = is_RO($fh); $bool = is_RO(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle is readable but not writable. Else returns false $bool = is_WO($fh); $bool = is_WO(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle is writable but not readable. Else returns false $bool = is_RW($fh); $bool = is_RW(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle is both readable and writable. Else returns false $bool = is_A($fh); $bool = is_A(*FH); Returns true if the filehandle was opened for appending. Else returns false. Not currently implemented on Win32 with pre-5.6.1 versions of perl (and dies with appropriate error message if called on such a platform). CREDITS
Inspired (hmmm ... is that the right word ?) by an idea from BrowserUK posted on PerlMonks in response to a question from dragonchild. Win32 code (including XS code) provided by BrowserUK. Zaxo presented the idea of using fcntl() in an earlier PerlMonks thread. Thanks to dragonchild and BrowserUK for steering this module in the right direction. Thanks to attn.steven.kuo for directing me to the perliol routines that enable us to query filehandles attached to memory objects. And thanks to Jost Krieger for helping to sort out the test failures that were occurring on Solaris (and some other operating systems too). TODO
I don't know that anyone still runs pre-5.6.1 perl on Win32. However, if someone likes to tell me how is_A() could be made to work on pre-5.6.1 Win32 perl, I would be quite happy to implement it. LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright 2006-2008, Sisyphus AUTHOR
Sisyphus <sisyphus at cpan dot org> perl v5.14.2 2008-09-26 Fmode(3pm)