Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming socket system call can not succedd right after application crash. Post 302340345 by pludi on Monday 3rd of August 2009 08:46:07 AM
Old 08-03-2009
It's a socket thing, you'll have to tell the OS that the socket may be used more than once. A nice explanation of socket programming and the associated options can be found here (Main page)

Also, it might be a good idea to set up a signal handler for SIGINT, SIGTERM, ..., which cleans up the workspace (close sockets, free() memory, ...) if your program dies.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Making Socket System Call From Linux Kernel Module?

Hi Everyone! How can we make a socket() system call from a linux module executing in kernel space? If any one knows, kindly tell me. It will be great. I want to use the socket interface in linux kernel space for sending raw packets over the network. Hamayun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mian_m_hamayun
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which application has a TCP socket open

If I do a netstat -a I can see all the sockets currently open, is there a way that I can tell which application is holding open these sockets ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
3 Replies

3. Linux

segmentation fault in socket application

helo, i m using linux operationg system at both client and server side. Now in my application when i use ntohl() then it will give segmentation fault. now when i remove nothl(), then it works fine. can u tell me why this happen. amit (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
8 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with socket binding - "system" call

Hi, I am having an issue with using sockets. I have a program which binds to a socket and listen on it. Later I spawn a thread to handle some function. In the new thread created I need to call a shell script which executes the specified function. Here I am using a system command to call the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janardhanbr
5 Replies

5. Programming

C++ application halts at popen system call

Hi All, My application gets hang at the popen statement in Soalris 5.8. While debugging I found that it halts at _lwp_sema_wait. After googling I have added /usr/lib/lwp in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and now it halts at lwp_park. Please help me what I need to do to solve this issue. The application runs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
6 Replies

6. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Configure a range of ports to "socket" system call

Hello ; This what i want to do : I know that in the system call #include <sys/socket.h> int bind(int socket, const struct sockaddr *address, socklen_t address_len); you can specify the local port for your socket, but im using a private library , and im sure that in that library... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

XCB crash while Video Rendering in multithreded application

I encounter the following crash on RHEL 7.0 when I run a multithreaded video rendering application using GLFW and OpenGL. OpenGL version is 2.1 and MESA version is 9.3.0 Following is the back trace of the multi-threaded program I am working on:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuachin
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sudden application crash in servers

Hi, This weekend there was a sudden application crash in the server. I did not know where to start to investigate the problem, so I first looked into the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log, and this was what I found : Dec 17 00:38:02 L28bi01 sshd: error: accept: No buffer space available Dec 17... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies