Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get and process mysql result set in shell script Post 302340326 by panyam on Monday 3rd of August 2009 08:15:05 AM
Old 08-03-2009
something like this :

for i in `awk { print $3 }' my_sql_op.txt`
do

if [ $i -eq 10 ] ; then

### execute the procedure1 by calling sqlplus ..(for oracle) Proc1 ( $i );

else

####proc2 ($1);

fi

done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script result to file

Since I'm not an expert in shell scripting, I have question on sending script result to file. I have script like this... if condition=0: then echo "service is not running" | mail -s "Server Status" uname@companyname fi sleep 10 if configtion=1: then echo "service is not running" | mail -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
3 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fw0037
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help me... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i access sybase using isql and how do i get result set in perl script?

Hi, How do i get result set in perl script using isql while connecting sybase server. I have a perl script which connected to sybase and get the result set. but i wanted to get the result set. How do i get the result set in perl script not unix shell script.. $server ="ServerName"; open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solo123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - unexpected result

I hv a file --am executing a script which is giving me unexpected results COntents of file: f1 CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX: CMT_AP1:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX f1.tmp CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
2 Replies

8. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)