Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check Time/Date on a server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Time/Date on a server Post 302340287 by pludi on Monday 3rd of August 2009 07:00:24 AM
Old 08-03-2009
NTP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol
Reference Implementation: http://www.ntp.org/

As soon as you've got the daemon up and running, choose a geographically close server pool from http://www.pool.ntp.org/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server

I would like to know if there is a way to get the date and timestamp of the file that is being FTP from the remote server using shell script. Currently the get command from FTP will have current date and timestamp. Tried the earlier suggestion 'HardFeed' but still getting the current date and time... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sync Time/date with NTP server

Hello all, What would be the most convienint and proper way on syncing up the time and date on Solaris 8 servers with an NTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check crontab edited date and time?

How to check when was the last time the crontab was updated and also what was the modification done ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server? Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Server Date and Time

Hi, I am trying to change server date and time for testing purposes but every time i change the date and time it gets switched back to system date and time after half an hour or so. Is there a way to change the server date and time temporarily? My guess is that the server time is in sync with time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahmad155
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

8. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX idea needed to check the logs updated date and time

Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is 1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp. 2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need a Script to read Log string and check date at the same time

I need to check 1 log file, which is logging: 2014-08-18T09:10:39+02:00 user: XXXXX START FEATURE 2014-08-18T09:10:39+02:00 user: XXXXX FINISH FEATURE I first need to check that the START FEATURE starts and finish on the same time/date for the same user, which is different each time START... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBest43
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)