Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris df error for lofs file system in local zone. Post 302340239 by jlliagre on Monday 3rd of August 2009 05:15:26 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Ask to global zone admin to fix the zone configuration. What you really want is multiple individual lofs mounts for each of the real filesystems, not a single one encompassing them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

3. Solaris

LOFS file system

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the lofs file system or point me towards some link which can help ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/system file in solaris Zone

Hi All, I am just new to the sun Solaris zone server. In the zone server the /etc/system file is missing. Please let me know what they are using instead of system file in Zone server. Please help me in this L Regards, Kalai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Global zone name from local zone

How to check the global zone name from local zone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Obtaining system serial number from local zone

Hi, I need to install a license key for synergy which requires the server's serial number to be provided but since I'm installing it on a local zone, would the installation work? :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas_j
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LOFS in Solaris zone, privileges

Hi all Can i check, if I have a lofs filesystem in my local zone (myzone) for - e.g. global-zone -> /db/myzone (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 ufs) myzone-> /myzone (lofs filesystem) zonecfg -z myzone (add fs set dir=/myzone set special=/db/myzone set type=lofs )q1) If I have install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
net_zoneidtonetid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     net_zoneidtonetid(9F)

NAME
net_zoneidtonetid - map a zoneid_t struture identifier to a netid_t structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> netid_t net_zoneidtonetid(const zoneid_t zone); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
zone valid zoneid_t structure that refers to a running zone. DESCRIPTION
The net_zoneidtonetid() function maps the given zoneid_t structure (used to represent a zone that is currently running) into a netid_t structure that is associated with the IP instance supporting network functions for that zone. RETURN VALUES
The net_zoneidtonetid() function returns -1 if no mapping took place. Otherwise, it returns the netid_t structure currently used by the zoneid_t structure. For zones that are using a shared IP instance, the netid_t structure for the instance owned by the global zone is returned. CONTEXT
The net_zoneidtonetid() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_netidtozonid(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_zoneidtonetid(9F)