Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search and goto next line then take the output Post 302340193 by Franklin52 on Monday 3rd of August 2009 03:39:20 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Another approach:

Code:
awk -F, 'NR>1{OFS="|";$1=$1}/Static Addresses/{exit}{print}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a line and output next line as well

Hi, I have a requirement to search a particular text and if found print next line also. Appreciate your help. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search: find current line, then search back

Hello. I want to find a line that has "new = 0" in it, then search back based on field $4 () in the current line, and find the first line that has field $4 and "last fetch" Grep or Awk preferred. Here is what the data looks like: 2013-12-12 12:10:30,117 TRACE last fetch: Thu Dec 12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(n)awk: print regex search output lines in one line

Hello. I have been looking high and low for the solution for this. I seems there should be a simple answer, but alas. I have a big xml file, and I need to extract certain information from specific items. The information I need can be found between a specific set of tags. let's call them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobias-Reiper
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to goto specific line/function and start processing if user response is yes

In the bash below I am trying to run the script entire script including the ....(which is a bunch of code) and then in the run function if the user response is y (line in bold). then start processing from execute function. Basically, goto the # extract folder for variable filename line and start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies

9. Web Development

302 Redirects Issues Effected Google Search Console (GSC) Fixed - DBSEO Goto Rewrite Problems Solved

Finally! Yesterday I FINALLY figured out why Google Search Console (GSE) was showing so many pages with 302 redirects in our link budget. For over a year, I thought this issue was relate to either Apache2 or DBSEO (our PHP module which rewrites our links to be SEO friendly). However, when I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)