Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to change date separator with sed Post 302340170 by edidataguy on Monday 3rd of August 2009 02:02:08 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Post the input and the expected output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change field separator of grep from : to space

Hi, All, I wonder how to change the field separator of grep from : to space when use grep to display. for example when I use grep -e 'pattern1' -e 'pattern2' -n filename to find patterns, it use : to separate patterns, but I want to use blank space. is there an option I can set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically change awk Field Separator FS

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knew how to dynamically change the FS in awk to accept vairiable containing a field separator. the current code is as below and does not work when i introduce the dynamic FS change :-( validate_source_file() { source_file=$1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed - Get Separator From String

Hi All, I have the following data in a korn shell variable: a="FirstValue|SecondValue|ThirdValue" The value between "FirstValue", "SecondValue" and "ThirdValue" can change, in this case is a comma: "," and I need to print it only once. I need to know what is the separator value. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felipe.vinturin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of SED command to change a date

I have a website. I have a directory within it with over a hundred .html files. I need to change a date within every file. I don't have an easy way to find/replace. I need to change 10/31 to 11/30 on every single page at once. I tried the command below but it didn't work. Obviously I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to insert a separator

My txt file consists of records with 6 numbers followed by 3 characters. Is there a simple “sed” which will insert a | separator between the 6th and 7th position ? Many thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multilines + separator confusion !!

Hi Seders, i am new to this forum, but i think it's quite the best place to post. So, here is my pb : I have a csv file, with comma separator and text enclosed by ". First pb is with text in " ......... ", wich sometimes includes lines break, and commas And to complicate a little more,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the line separator?

Hi All, I have a file with 20 columns, and the data itself has "\n" new line in it. So we have changed the row delimiter to ^E. Now i am unable to use head, wc -l etc... Please let me know how to change the line separator temporarily to run these unix commands. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranisachin
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Valid separator in time and date format

Hello. I can use any particular (stupid or not) format when using bash date command. Example : ~> date --date "now" '+%Y-%m-%d %H!%M!%S' 2019-06-03 12!55!33or ~> date --date "now" '+%Y£%m£%d %H¤%M¤%S' 2019£06£03 12¤57¤36 or ~> date --date "now" '+%Y-%m-%d %H-%M-%S' 2019-06-03 12-58-51 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)