Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Assembler for Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Assembler for Solaris Post 302340121 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 2nd of August 2009 06:12:55 PM
Old 08-02-2009
the user is banned... i'll close this thread.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe assembler file into Unix

Hi, I have received a mainframe file ( VSAM file ) . I would like to handle that file in Unix. i.e I would like to take the last record of the file. I have given wc -l <file_name> , it gives 0 lines. Even though It has some lines , it is not giving count exactly. When I gave file <file_name>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thambi
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to use assembler (as) in UNIX? [I got errors using assembler]

Hi, folks, I have a simple program main.c. The program is very simple, just for testing purpose. The program was proven correct by using "gcc". Now I would compile it step by step from main.c to main.o. Here is what I did: cpp main.c main.i <This step succeeded> cc main.i -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assembler compiler

Hi All, Now recently semi-retired and needing some mental stimulation. As an ex VMS person I used to use the assembly language compiler that came with VMS. I know that my flavour of Unix (True64 / Digital Unix) comes with a C compiler but is there an assembler lurking in there? Have checked the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roslynlea
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assembler error message

assembler messages for reading open no such file or directory :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjyotdk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading hex data from assembler

Hi, I have files that has got ebcdic character set and also, there are fields like binary and hex fields. is there a way to convert this to normal ascii data by taking care of comp & comp-3 fields? Many Thanks!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
10 Replies
ddi_can_receive_sig(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   ddi_can_receive_sig(9F)

NAME
ddi_can_receive_sig - Test for ability to receive signals SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> boolean_t ddi_can_receive_sig(void); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
None. DESCRIPTION
The ddi_can_receive_sig() function returns a boolean value indicating whether the current thread can receive signals sent by kill(2). If the return value is B_FALSE, then the calling thread cannot receive signals, and any call to qwait_sig(9F), cv_wait_sig(9F), or cv_timedwait_sig(9F) implicitly becomes qwait(9F), cv_wait(9F), or cv_timedwait(9F), respectively. Drivers that can block indefinitely awaiting an event should use this function to determine if additional means (such as timeout(9F)) may be necessary to avoid creating unkil- lable threads. RETURN VALUES
B_FALSE The calling thread is in a state in which signals cannot be received. For example, the thread is not associated with a user process or is in the midst of exit(2) handling. B_TRUE The calling thread may receive a signal while blocked on a condition variable. Note that this function does not check to determine whether signals are blocked (see sigprocmask(2)). CONTEXT
The ddi_can_receive_sig() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
close(9E), cv_wait(9F), qwait(9F) SunOS 5.10 15 Dec 2003 ddi_can_receive_sig(9F)