Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris df error for lofs file system in local zone. Post 302340058 by fugitive on Sunday 2nd of August 2009 08:33:09 AM
Old 08-02-2009
df error for lofs file system in local zone.

I 've a zone which is running oracle db instance. We have exported the SAN file system from the global zone as following

fs:
dir: /oradb
special: /oradb
raw not specified
type: lofs
options: []

from global zone

#df -h | grep oradb
/dev/dsk/emcpower174c 17G 5.1G 11G 31% /oradb/archa
/dev/dsk/emcpower177c 58G 3.3G 54G 6% /oradb/index1
/dev/dsk/emcpower172c 9.9G 610M 9.2G 7% /oradb/redob
/dev/dsk/emcpower176c 58G 30G 27G 53% /oradb/index2
/dev/dsk/emcpower180c 58G 35G 23G 61% /oradb/data1

Problem is from local zone if i do cd to /oradb/data1 and then df -h . , i get following error Is there anyway i get the usage or df o/p of lofs file system from the local zone itself

local_zone# df -h .
df: Could not find mount point for .
local_zone # pwd
/orad/data1
local_zone# df -h /oradbdb/data1
df: Could not find mount point for /oradbdb/data1
local_zone#

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

3. Solaris

LOFS file system

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the lofs file system or point me towards some link which can help ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/system file in solaris Zone

Hi All, I am just new to the sun Solaris zone server. In the zone server the /etc/system file is missing. Please let me know what they are using instead of system file in Zone server. Please help me in this L Regards, Kalai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Global zone name from local zone

How to check the global zone name from local zone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Obtaining system serial number from local zone

Hi, I need to install a license key for synergy which requires the server's serial number to be provided but since I'm installing it on a local zone, would the installation work? :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas_j
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LOFS in Solaris zone, privileges

Hi all Can i check, if I have a lofs filesystem in my local zone (myzone) for - e.g. global-zone -> /db/myzone (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 ufs) myzone-> /myzone (lofs filesystem) zonecfg -z myzone (add fs set dir=/myzone set special=/db/myzone set type=lofs )q1) If I have install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
vfstab(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          vfstab(4)

NAME
vfstab - table of file system defaults DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/vfstab describes defaults for each file system. The information is stored in a table with the following column headings: device device mount FS fsck mount mount to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options The fields in the table are space-separated and show the resource name (device to mount), the raw device to fsck (device to fsck), the default mount directory (mount point), the name of the file system type (FS type), the number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically (fsck pass), whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall (mount at boot), and the file system mount options (mount options). (See respective mount file system man page below in SEE ALSO for mount options.) A '-' is used to indicate no entry in a field. This may be used when a field does not apply to the resource being mounted. The getvfsent(3C) family of routines is used to read and write to /etc/vfstab. /etc/vfstab can be used to specify swap areas. An entry so specified, (which can be a file or a device), will automatically be added as a swap area by the /sbin/swapadd script when the system boots. To specify a swap area, the device-to-mount field contains the name of the swap file or device, the FS-type is "swap", mount-at-boot is "no" and all other fields have no entry. EXAMPLES
The following are vfstab entries for various file system types supported in the Solaris operating environment. Example 1: NFS and UFS Mounts The following entry invokes NFS to automatically mount the directory /usr/local of the server example1 on the client's /usr/local directory with read-only permission: example1:/usr/local - /usr/local nfs - yes ro The following example assumes a small departmental mail setup, in which clients mount /var/mail from a server mailsvr. The following entry would be listed in each client's vfstab: mailsvr:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes intr,bg The following is an example for a UFS file system in which logging is enabled: /dev/dsk/c2t10d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c2t10d0s0 /export/local ufs 3 yes logging See mount_nfs(1M) for a description of NFS mount options and mount_ufs(1M) for a description of UFS options. Example 2: pcfs Mounts The following example mounts a pcfs file system on a fixed hard disk on an x86 machine: /dev/dsk/c1t2d0p0:c - /win98 pcfs - yes - The example below mounts a Jaz drive on a SPARC machine. Normally, the volume management daemon (see vold(1M)) handles mounting of remov- able media, obviating a vfstab entry. If you choose to specify a device that supports removable media in vfstab, be sure to set the mount- at-boot field to no, as below. Such an entry presumes you are not running vold. /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s2:c - /jaz pcfs - no - For removable media on a SPARC machine, the convention for the slice portion of the disk identifier is to specify s2, which stands for the entire medium. For pcfs file systems on x86 machines, note that the disk identifier uses a p (p0) and a logical drive (c, in the /win98 example above) for a pcfs logical drive. See mount_pcfs(1M) for syntax for pcfs logical drives and for pcfs-specific mount options. Example 3: CacheFS Mount Below is an example for a CacheFS file system. Because of the length of this entry and the fact that vfstab entries cannot be continued to a second line, the vfstab fields are presented here in a vertical format. In re-creating such an entry in your own vfstab, you would enter values as you would for any vfstab entry, on a single line. device to mount: svr1:/export/abc device to fsck: /usr/abc mount point: /opt/cache FS type: cachefs fsck pass: 7 mount at boot: yes mount options: local-access,bg,nosuid,demandconst,backfstype=nfs,cachedir=/opt/cache See mount_cachefs(1M) for CacheFS-specific mount options. Example 4: Loopback File System Mount The following is an example of mounting a loopback (lofs) file system: /export/test - /opt/test lofs - yes - See lofs(7FS) for an overview of the loopback file system. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mount(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), mount_hsfs(1M), mount_nfs(1M), mount_tmpfs(1M), mount_ufs(1M), swap(1M), getvfsent(3C) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 21 Jun 2001 vfstab(4)