Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numbering duplicates
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numbering duplicates Post 302340039 by kshji on Sunday 2nd of August 2009 04:21:33 AM
Old 08-02-2009
malcomex999 is better reader Smilie, use it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering of process

:confused: How does UNIX handle the numbering of processes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety111
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering!

Just a shot question... how to make 1,2,3,...999 into the form of 001,002,003....999 (3 digits) Thanks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglemon
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering

I'm trying to do a script that will look for a log file if it is already there change the name to another name. I.E if log.0 is there rename to log.1 rename log.1 to log.2 rename log.2 to log.3 and so on. Only thing is I got no idea where or what is the best command to use for this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering the rows

If I a list of components, is there anyway to number (like automatically have: 1,2,3,...) the rows of my data? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with numbering a file

Hi, All I need to do is number a file. The file looks like this > JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ > JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ > MMMMYKKKJKKK what I want to do is number it so that theres a numerical value beside the >. >1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ >2 JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering file's lines

hey a file called test : Code: hey1 hey2 hey3 ........ how to : Code: 1.hey1 2.hey2 3.hey3 .......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental numbering?

Would it be possible for a script to duplicate a file and incrementally number it? File in: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep File out: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0017.aep If someone knows of a way I'd love to see it. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering by field

I'm not really sure how to explain this but I will try. In the attached file if $4=$4 and $5="-" then the last record is 1 and the one above that is 2, etc... However, $4=$4 and $5="-" then the first record is 1 and the one below that is 2, etc... "-" example: chr10 90694830 90695123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
READER.CONF(5)							    PC/SC Lite							    READER.CONF(5)

NAME
reader.conf - configuration file for pcscd readers' drivers DESCRIPTION
The /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf file contains configuration information for serial and (some) PCMCIA smart card readers. USB readers SHALL NOT be configured using this file. pcscd uses another mechanism to automatically load USB drivers. SYNTAX
The /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf is a regular text file. Each reader must be defined by four fields: FRIENDLYNAME TEXT_STRING DEVICENAME FILENAME LIBPATH FILENAME CHANNELID NUMBER The "FRIENDLYNAME" field is an arbitrary text used to identify the reader. This text is displayed by commands like pcsc_scan(1) that prints the names of all the connected and detected readers. The "DEVICENAME" field was not used for old drivers (using the IFD handler version 2.0 or earlier). It is now (IFD handler version 3.0) used to identify the physical port on which the reader is connected. This is the device name of this port. It is dependent of the OS ker- nel. The first serial port device is called /dev/ttyS0 under Linux and /dev/cuaa0 under FreeBSD. The "LIBPATH" field is the filename of the driver code. The driver is a dynamically loaded piece of code (generally a drivername.so*file). The "CHANNELID" is no more used for recent drivers (IFD handler 3.0) and has been superseded by "DEVICENAME". If you have an old driver this field is used to indicate the port to use. You should read your driver documentation to know what information is needed here. It should be the serial port number for a serial reader. EXAMPLE
# Gemplus GemPCTwin reader with serial communication # connected to the first serial port FRIENDLYNAME "GemPCTwin serial" DEVICENAME /dev/ttyS0 LIBPATH /usr/lib64/pcsc/drivers/serial/libccidtwin.so.0.4.1 CHANNELID 1 DEBUGGING
In order to set up your /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf file correctly you may want to have debug messages from pcscd. I recommend you to start pscsd in the foreground and debug mode using: # pcscd --foreground --debug If everything seems OK you can use the pcsc_scan command to print the list of correctly detected readers and try to get the ATR of your smart cards. AUTHOR
Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> SEE ALSO
pcscd(8), pcsc_scan(1) Muscle August 2005 READER.CONF(5)