Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Perl to query a website and parse the result Post 302340020 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 1st of August 2009 09:14:32 PM
Old 08-01-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass result from one query to another

Can any one help me how to pass the value of result of one query to another query. I to pass the value of result of 'select max(id) from a' into another query like update table set col =<value from last query> where ....; updatestaging() { xx=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write result of a query to more than 1 .csv

If the result of the query is greater than say, 50,000 then the next 50,000 should be written to the second file and so on. Is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract/Parse information from html (website)

Hello, I want to extract some informations from a html (website, http://www.energiecontracting.de/7-mitglieder/von-A-Z.php?a_z=B&seite=2 ) file and save those in a predefined format (.csv).. However it seems that the code on that website is kinda messy and I can't find a way to handle it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

6. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get SQL query result to file in putty

How to Get SQL query result to file in putty? I have one SQL query and I want that query output to be redirected to the file. uname -a SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-58 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Please suggest. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

10. Programming

How to parse .nessus file to get result in human readable format?

Scripting Language: bash shell script, python I want to parse .nessus file in human readable format. If any one have any ideas please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
2 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_PERL(1)