Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Battery Empty -> force shutdown Post 302340016 by nitin on Saturday 1st of August 2009 07:38:39 PM
Old 08-01-2009
Try 'shutdown now' or '/sbin/init 0'

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A1000 Battery Question

After searching and finding the link to the A1000 pdf ( http://192.18.99.138/805-7147/805-7147.pdf ) my questions are: 1) I have a battery failure on a A1000. I know that caching is disabled and it reports to see log. After reading the manual I have learned that the battery is a data-cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

3. Linux

Battery always 0%

Im running Ubuntu 9.04 and the battery indicator on my laptop always reads 0% no matter what. Whether im charging or discharging, the pop up says: "Computer is running on battery power Laptop battery discharging (0.0%) Battery discharge time is currently unknown" When plugged in it says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charbs
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. Programming

c/c++ clock like , battery charging

Hi all , I need to make a program who describes this ( upper ) graphic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Sawtooth-td_and_fd.png My idea is to implement a battery charge x: 0 to time T, y : 0 to 1 values. Can you help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerold
1 Replies

6. AIX

TOD battery dead

My TOD battery of IBM 285 is dead Fast question: i have to buy an original battery(there is only one on ebay!) Or i can use a normal lithium battery for pc bios? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			      csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)

NAME
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY - parse the Battery Replacement Date tuple SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pccard.h> int32_t csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(client_handle_t ch, tuple_t *tu, cistpl_battery_t *cb); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI Specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ch Client handle returned from csx_RegisterClient(9F). tu Pointer to a tuple_t structure (see tuple(9S)) returned by a call to csx_GetFirstTuple(9F) or csx_GetNextTuple(9F). cb Pointer to a cistpl_battery_t structure which contains the parsed CISTPL_BATTERY tuple information upon return from this function. DESCRIPTION
This function parses the Battery Replacement Date tuple, CISTPL_BATTERY, into a form usable by PC Card drivers. The CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is an optional tuple which shall be present only in PC Cards with battery-backed storage. It indicates the date on which the battery was replaced, and the date on which the battery is expected to need replacement. Only one CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is allowed per PC Card. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
The structure members of cistpl_battery_t are: uint32_t rday; /* date battery last replaced */ uint32_t xday; /* date battery due for replacement */ The fields are defined as follows: rday This field indicates the date on which the battery was last replaced. xday This field indicates the date on which the battery should be replaced. RETURN VALUES
CS_SUCCESS Successful operation. CS_BAD_HANDLE Client handle is invalid. CS_UNKNOWN_TUPLE Parser does not know how to parse tuple. CS_NO_CARD No PC Card in socket. CS_NO_CIS No Card Information Structure (CIS) on PC Card. CS_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION No PCMCIA hardware installed. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel context. SEE ALSO
csx_GetFirstTuple(9F), csx_GetTupleData(9F), csx_RegisterClient(9F), csx_ValidateCIS(9F), tuple(9S) PC Card 95 Standard, PCMCIA/JEIDA SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)