Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Testing Var for 3 digits in a row only Post 302339972 by Franklin52 on Saturday 1st of August 2009 08:53:41 AM
Old 08-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
You can't put quotes around a BASH regex. And without the ^ and $ it would match 000a, a000, a000a, and so forth.
With the quotes it works fine for me with bash!

Any way, to match exact 3 digits (without quotesSmilie):

Code:
if [[ $zz =~ ^[0-9]{3,3}$ ]]
then
    echo "Three digits"
fi

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: single digits inflated to 2 digits

Hi Folks Probably an easy one here but how do I get a sequence to get used as mentioned. For example in the following I want to automatically create files that have a 2 digit number at the end of their names: m@pyhead:~$ for x in $(seq 00 10); do touch file_$x; done m@pyhead:~$ ls file*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amadain
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filenames with three digits and add zeros to make five digits

Hello all! I've looked all over the internet and this site and have come up a loss with an easy way to make a bash script to do what I want to do. I have a file with a naming convention as follows: 2012-01-18 string of words here 123.jpg 2012-01-18 string of words here 1234.jpg 2012-01-18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates and update last 2 digits of the original row with 0's

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to remove duplicates from a file based on the first 8 chars (It is fixed width file of 10 chars length) and whenever a duplicate row is found, its original row's last 2 chars should be updated to all 0's. I thought of using sort -u -k 1.1,1.8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farawaydsky
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh , how to set var value into new var, in short string concatenation

i try to find way to make string concatenation in csh ( sorry this is what i have ) so i found out i can't do : set string_buff = "" foreach line("`cat $source_dir/$f`") $string_buff = string_buff $line end how can i do string concatenation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Row from First Row (Split Row)

HI Guys, I have Below Input :- RepigA_hteis522 ReptCfiEtrBsCll_aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 RepigA ReptCfiEtrBsCll hteis522 aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 Split Data in two first row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed / awk script to delete the two digits from first 3 digits

Hi All , I am having an input file as stated below 5728 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r03_q_reg_20_/Q 011 611 U_TOP_LOGIC/U_CM0P/core/u_cortexm0plus/u_top/u_sys/u_core/r04_q_reg_20_/Q 011 3486... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
Test::Email(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Test::Email(3pm)

NAME
Test::Email - Test Email Contents SYNOPSIS
use Test::Email; # is-a MIME::Entity my $email = Test::Email->new(@lines); # all-in-one test $email->ok({ # optional search parameters from => ($is or qr/$regex/), subject => ($is or qr/$regex/), body => ($is or qr/$regex/), headername => ($is or qr/$regex/), }, "passed tests"); # single-test header methods $email->header_is($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->header_ok($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->header_like($header_name, qr/regex/, "$header_name matches"); # single-test body methods $email->body_is($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->body_ok($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->body_like($header_name, qr/regex/, "$header_name matches"); # how many MIME parts does the messages contain? $email->parts_ok($parts_count, "there were $parts_count parts found"); # what is the MIME type of the firs part my @parts = $email->parts(); # see MIME::Entity $parts[0]->mime_type_ok('test/html', 'the first part is type text/html'); DESCRIPTION
Please note that this is ALPHA CODE. As such, the interface is likely to change. Test::Email is a subclass of MIME::Entity, with the above methods. If you want the messages fetched from a POP3 account, use Test::POP3. Tests for equality remove trailing newlines from strings before testing. This is because some mail messages have newlines appended to them during the mailing process, which could cause unnecessary confusion. This module should be 100% self-explanatory. If not, then please look at Test::Simple and Test::More for clarification. METHODS
"my $email = Test::Email->new($lines_aref);" This is identical to "MIME::Entity->new()". See there for details. "$email->ok($test_href, $description);" Using this method, you can test multiple qualities of an email message with one test. This will execute the tests as expected and will produce output just like "Test::Simple::ok" and "Test::More::ok". Keys for $test_href are either "body", or they are considered to be the name of a header, case-insensitive. single-test methods The single-test methods in the synopsis above are very similar to their counterparts in Test::Simple and Test::More. Please consult those modules for documentation. Please note that tests for equality remove newlines from their operands before testing. This is because some email messages have newlines appended to them during mailing. "my $ok = $email-"parts_ok($parts_count, $description);> Check to see how many MIME parts this email contains. Each part is also a Test::Email object. "my $ok = $email-"mime_type_ok($expected_mime_type, $description);> Check the MIME type of an email or an email part. EXPORT
None. SEE ALSO
Test::Builder, Test::Simple, Test::More, Test::POP3 TODO
I am open to suggestions. AUTHOR
James Tolley, <james@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 by James Tolley This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2008-10-24 Test::Email(3pm)