Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script for unassigned ports
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users script for unassigned ports Post 302339939 by charan314 on Saturday 1st of August 2009 12:57:40 AM
Old 08-01-2009
script for unassigned ports

Hi Guys,

could you help me with this.

I need a script where if we enter the hostname and range of port numbers, the script must be able to give me the ports that were unassigned to any of the services installed.

Thanks,
Charan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports

I know i can look in the /etc/services file to look at referenced port numbers, but is there a command that will list the current ports being used? (i.e. what is the application does not have an entry in the services files :confused: ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralf
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ports

Can any one tell the command for which process are running on a perticular port (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsujith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script to test open ports on mult servers

Hello All, Can somebody help me with this script. I have an output file with a list of servers ips and ports. I need to be able to run this script to list all the server ips in the outfile and find out if the port is open or not. #!/bin/sh IFS=#;for i in $(cat portTest); do # check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

4. Solaris

regarding ports

Hi , I need one help... Is there any command on solaris 10 to free the ports. For e.g I used netstat -na| grep 8080 it displays either it is listening or established.. i want to free the ports... Anyone please help me on this... Thanks, Shanmuga (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically check ports in shell?

Good day, I'm new to linux environment...Is there any scripts available for me to check ports (lets say port 80 and 21) through shell with just a single commandline? Any response is very much appreciated.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsonist
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The command for Unassigned Space

Hi, I want to know in windows we will go to disk Fragmentation to see the Unassigned space. In Linux/ Unix which command can we Use. I tried df -h, thats not the right answer. It shows the created partitions & the free space available in those Partitions. Can some one help.... Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahid khan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to display occupied and non occupied ports in unix

I want to extend this script. This must also be able to show me that a port is already assigned to a service but not running now there must be three different messages port 8949 is open but not listening port 8959 is open port 8999 hasn't been assigned to any service. I know that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan314
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Monitor List of Ports

Hi, I'm in need of a script that can monitor a list of 12 ports.. If one of the ports isn't in listening mode then email me.. The list of ports are 26401 - 26412.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclipseagent
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check numerous ports / servers (Solaris native)

Hi I'd like to check that a bunch of firewall rules have been applied and, therefore, want to write a script that basically does the following: telnet serverA port1 telnet serverA port2 telnet serverB port1 telnet serverB port2 I would just compile the list in excel and run it as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibberish
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for enable ports error=13

Hi, I am triying to run this script in order to find the pid for each open port and when I run it in one server it give me an error and for another server is not showing the same error. Below I pasted the script and the result. script #!/usr/bin/ksh print "Port PID ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
0 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project