Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Where would you start? (question for the programmer / hacker) Post 302339837 by Corona688 on Friday 31st of July 2009 12:39:40 PM
Old 07-31-2009
Learn C. Not C++, C. Once you've grasped the fundamentals of C you'll be in a better position to understand some of the reasons C++ is the way it is, without that background it seems utterly arbitrary.

[edit] Oh, you meant "hacker" as in the Hollywood kind that doesn't really exist, not a self-motivated programmer/developer who creates useful things that challenge the computing world in positive ways. Whatever... There's better things to do with your time than petty vandalism, littering, and grand theft.

Last edited by Corona688; 07-31-2009 at 01:47 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Hacker=Knowlegde Qoute

I don't know if anyone has seen this commercial, either on TV or on the internet, but it's an IBM Linux Prodigy commercial. Linux Prodigy 4Gf6hq8J_DQ At around 33 seconds there is a quote about collecting and sharing data. A couple of friends and I watched this and decided to try to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Question: Search and Replace start of line to matching pattern

Hi guys, got a problem here with sed on the command line. If i have a string as below: online xx:wer:xcv: sdf:/asdf/http:https-asdfd How can i match the pattern "http:" and replace the start of the string to the pattern with null? I tried the following but it doesn't work: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to be a white-hat hacker!

HI, i want to be a white hacker(those who use their skills in ethical hacking) for that what all languages do i need to know i am working in an IT company and its paying me well, i just want to learn it because it has always attracted me..i know c,c++,shell,little bit html what else do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A Programmer is .....

https://www.unix.com/picture.php?albumid=112&pictureid=603 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
WORKER(3)								 1								 WORKER(3)

The Worker class

INTRODUCTION
Worker Threads have a persistent context, as such should be used over Threads in most cases. When a Worker is started, the run method will be executed, but the Thread will not leave until one of the following conditions are met: othe Worker goes out of scope (no more references remain) othe programmer calls shutdown othe script dies This means the programmer can reuse the context throughout execution; placing objects on the stack of the Worker will cause the Worker to execute the stacked objects run method. Warning The programmer must retain references to stacked objects until they are executed or unstacked; the Pool class provides a higher level abstraction of the Worker functionality and manages references for the programmer. CLASS SYNOPSIS
Worker Workerextends ThreadTraversableCountableArrayAccess Methods o public integer Worker::getStacked (void ) o public boolean Worker::isShutdown (void ) o public boolean Worker::isWorking (void ) o public boolean Worker::shutdown (void ) o public integer Worker::stack (Threaded &$work) o public integer Worker::unstack ([Threaded &$work]) Inherited methods o public void Thread::detach (void ) o public integer Thread::getCreatorId (void ) o publicstatic Thread Thread::getCurrentThread (void ) o publicstatic integer Thread::getCurrentThreadId (void ) o public integer Thread::getThreadId (void ) o publicstatic mixed Thread::globally (void ) o public boolean Thread::isJoined (void ) o public boolean Thread::isStarted (void ) o public boolean Thread::join (void ) o public void Thread::kill (void ) o public boolean Thread::start ([integer $options]) PHP Documentation Group WORKER(3)