Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/ Shell scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix/ Shell scripts Post 302339812 by geervani on Friday 31st of July 2009 11:02:34 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Data Unix/ Shell scripts

Hi,

I need to develop a function incrementor that increments a given number that is passed as an argument (this should use eval). so, am not able to get much info on eval by googling (perticularly on incrementing).
please if any one can help me out.

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Text File into XML using Unix Shell Scripts

Hi everyone, If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert a file into xml format using Unix shell scripts. The file has fields with each field having a certain number of bytes, but the fields are not delimited by anything... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a SOAP call from within unix shell scripts

Hi guys, Is it possible to make SOAP calls from within Unix shell scripts? I need to access a web service from within UNIX in order to lookup something while I am doing some parsing on a file. Regards, Laud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning to write UNIX Shell Scripts

Hi All, I am relatively new to UNIX. I know some basic commands. I am learning to write shell scripts. My first aim is to connect to a Data Base via shell script. Any ideas on this? Any links, docs which will tell me about scripting?? Thanks VEN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulating - unix login + scp via shell scripts

Hi, I am a new guy in this forum, I am trying to do the following stuff and want some inputs I am doing this manually, by using the scp command to copy file from a remote unix machine and entering the password at the password prompt. Like this, scp -p user@machine.com:/tmp/test.sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drivewedge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix shell scripts for running on solaris

am new to programmming any body suggest , how to execute, shell script interactively and like stream line edit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini_ibmadmin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH - Passing Unix login passwords through shell scripts

Hi All , I need to call a script runscript_B.sh on server A, the runscript_B.sh script locating in server B. The runscript_B.sh in calls another script runscript_A on server A itself. it seend, i need to be connect from Server A to Server B using ssh. I have tryed like this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies
LDBASH(1)							  libbash Manual							 LDBASH(1)

NAME
ldbash -- Dynamic loader for libbash(7) libraries. SYNOPSIS
ldbash [-h | --help] ldbash [-l | --list] ldbash [-L | --load lib,[lib] ...] ldbash [-U | --unload lib,[lib] ...] ldbash [-e | --externlist lib,[lib] ...] ldbash [--externlist-all] ldbash [--i | --internlista lib,[lib] ...] ldbash [--internlist-all] DESCRIPTION
ldbash is used to manipulate libbash(7) libraries. Its main function is to load specific library. It can also print list of available libraries, list functions each library exports, unload functions, etc. In case of --load and --unload ,the output is intended to be passed to bash eval command. Options -h | --help Print options summary -l | --list Display list of available libraries. The libraries names listed, may be passed as parameters to other invocations of ldbash. I.e. first you run ldbash --list to see what is available and then you may load it. -L | --load lib,[lib] ... Load given libraries - i.e. print string that should be passed to eval command. Usually the string contains various source commands. Libraries that given libraries depend on are also loaded. Libraries only loaded if their dependencies are satisfied. Dependencies are resolved using ldbash.cache file, which is created by ldbashconfig(8). -U | --unload lib,[lib] ... Unload given libraries, but not their dependencies. The output should be passed to eval command (in the same manner as with --load ). -e | --externlist lib,[lib] ... List all symbols that are exported by given libraries. Symbols are usually functions that given libraries implement. --externlist-all List all exported symbols of all available libraries. Symbols are usually functions that library implement. -i | --internlist lib,[lib] ... List all internal symbols (i.e. global variables/functions) of given libraries. This is intended mostly for developers that want to develop library of their own, and want to be sure that they don't override any already defined symbol. --internlist-all List all internal symbols of all available libraries. This is intended mostly for developers that want to develop library of their own, and want to be sure that they don't override any already defined symbol. FILES
/etc/ldbash.cache Cache file that contains information about libraries dependencies and list of exported symbols. See ldbashconfig((8)) for further details. BUGS
The script can't load libraries if their file name starts with '-'. (If someone uses file names that start with a '-' he/she deserves it!) AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@gmail.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
libbash(7), ldbashconfig(8) Linux Epoch Linux