Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding space to a filesystem
Operating Systems HP-UX Adding space to a filesystem Post 302339787 by methyl on Friday 31st of July 2009 10:19:49 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Can you post the output from:

Code:
swapinfo -mt

vgdisplay -v vg00

vgdisplay -v vg00

You have 27 Gb of disc fitted (18Gb + 9Bg) with 24 Gb of formatted mounted partitions. There may or may not be some small unmounted partitions - depends on the size of swap.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add space to filesystem in solaris

I need step-by-step on how to add more space to /apps in solaris. Currently df -hk: /dev/md/dsk/d40 15G 13G 1.6G 90% /app How much can I expand and how? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. Solaris

free space, associated by filesystem name...

is there a command that will display amount of free space...associated by filesystem name? # df /home /home (/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 ): 8069326 blocks 487280 files HP has bdf: bdf /home Filesystem kbytes used ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

calculating the filesystem space

Hi, Just wanted to confirm that what Im doing is correct to calculate the space allocated to filesystem: >df -k . Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /test 48720000 9337904 81% 14846 1% /home The space allocated = 48720000/1024 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding a filesystem.

Hi All! I need to create a new filesystem /u01 , using the existing space and giving 100GB space to /u01. I can allocate 100Gb from / which is currently 145GB. Following is the screen shot of my df command. # df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

6. AIX

Adding space to a filesystem

Hello I have a flesystem that has run out of space. I have tried using the following command to add space: # chfs -a size=+100 /lsrc I get the following error: 0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding a filesystem to a running local zone

Is there a way to mount a filesystem from the global zone to the local zone without rebooting the local zone? I'm using a lofs filesystem.. any help is appreciated! thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem not using all available space in Logical Volume

I am running HP-UX 11.31 ia64. The /usr filesystem shows 7 GB as the size, but the logical volume that is mounted there shows 13 GB. Is there a way to get the entire 13 GB to show up and why did this happen in the first place? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: trojan28
11 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] LogicalVol- ume{Name|Path} [LogicalVolume{Name|Path}...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVREMOVE(8)