Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reload user crontab file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reload user crontab file Post 302339777 by Scott on Friday 31st of July 2009 10:03:02 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Hi.

Sorry, I thought it was for the same user.

You can use:

Code:
su user -c "crontab file"

Last edited by Scott; 07-31-2009 at 11:09 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

reload kernal without reboot

Hello! Does anyone know howto reload your kernal without rebooting the machine? I´ve updated the "/etc/security/limits.conf " file and need to make this active without rebooting the machine. this is Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1AS Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reload Servlet in Tomcat

does anyone know how to reload servlet in tomcat? when do I actually reload it? when I modify any file in this server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamboy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new crontab for new user

Hi All, I am user of partcular user of alinux machine. I want have some cronjobs to be done by machine. But i don't have crontab file for me. However i do have crontab installed as /usr/bin/crontab. Could anyone please suggest how to creat a new cron file for a user? Any help will be highly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to reload the shell session

Hi there, I got to find out that if I make changes in the prompt or command aliases from .bashrc, I could apply those changes immediately with the command: source ~/.bashrc There's another situation when I'd like to apply changes without loging out and in again: If I add someone to a group of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Automatic reload of Thunar

I am using Thunar on FreeBSD 7.1 and XFCE. I would like the thunar window to reload automatically when a file has been added or deleted. Currently I press Ctrl-R, but perhaps a setting that I dont know of will do this automatically? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. Solaris

cannot add PATH to user crontab file

hi All, here is the problem: I'm not able to specify a PATH inside the user crontab file (/var/spool/cron/crontabs). The only syntax it accepts is the usual "* * * * * file" I'm not able to add PATH, or HOME, or MAILTO, or anything else. when I try to save the crontab, I have the error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe_x
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing crontab of non-root user from file

Hi All, Ref: "build crontab from a text file" in same forum. (I am not allowed to post URL's in the first post) We are reorganizing our UNIX Crontab file by first making changes in a word pad text file. The intent is to then copy it back to Crontab. Will this work? Copy and Paste does not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivedhitha
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

reload vsftp service

Is there a easy-to-use graphical tool (or a simple and direct set of command line instructions) that will help me reload services on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES version 3? VSFTPD keeps dying on my business server - seemingly at random, with message "dead but subsys locked" VSFTPD starts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdarby77
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to reload a zone

I just created a CNAME and i was told a zone needs to be reloaded after creating a CNAME. What is the command to reload a zone after the CNAME has been created? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: German Shepherd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ksh] how to reload history file without entering a command

I'm basically looking for the ksh equivalent of bash's PROMPT_COMMAND="history -r", where simply redrawing the command prompt in a terminal will cause ksh to reload the history file. At the risk of sounding incredibly lazy (in which case I would be guilty as charged), I've noticed that if I have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
13 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)