Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: error when GNOME start-up
Operating Systems BSD error when GNOME start-up Post 302339635 by kstg0008069 on Friday 31st of July 2009 04:28:23 AM
Old 07-31-2009
maybe you need to update your ports

commands: portsnap fetch updateSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If this isn't newbie nothing is...how do I start GNOME?

First off, I know this isn't a LINUX board, but I figured it was close enough that no one would get upset. Anyway, I have Windows2000 and Linux running dual-boot. That works fine, but when I boot into Linux all I get is a command prompt. How do I start gnome or kde? I read the manual, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Start Gnome in FreeBSD 4.5

I was finally able to get FreeBSD working with X-windows and KDE. I installed Gnome also. However am not given the chance to run Gnome when I type: startx at the command line. KDE seems to be default How can I run Gnome too? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancest
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Whe trying to start sendmail i getting following error

Hi expert , When i trying to start sendmail i getting the following error : pls help me # ./sendmail start # 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 77: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: World writable directory 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 472: fileclass: cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
6 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Gnome start?

Hi, I've installed AIX 5.1 but Gnome does not start by default. I've tried gnome-session and it's not power it up... what should I do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
3 Replies

6. Linux

vncserver gnome display error

Hi all, I installed vncserver on fedora core 10. I am able to start vncserver and access it via vncviewer but i am not getting gnome display. I am getting the following errors. 1) The panel has encountered a fatal error: the panel could not register with bonobo activation server (error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get an error while trying to start DNS server

Hi Guys, I am trying to configure DNS on ESX server. Everything done but when I am trying to start the DNS, it gives me an error # service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: Error in named configuration: /etc/named.conf:42: when using 'view' statements, all zones must be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srvesh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache start error

I have a new server, installed everything and tried to get it all up and running. Got the following issue: # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.so into server:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
0 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application ``up to date'' by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. SEE ALSO
after(n), bgerror(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)