Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp scripting Post 302339634 by samrio on Friday 31st of July 2009 04:27:46 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Sftp scripting

Dear All,

I have script that get the files from sFtp server to Unix server. The script is below.

Code:

-- Batch File (mybatch)
cd Output
get abc123.csv  in/abc123.csv
get def456.csv   in/def456.csv
get ghi789.csv   in/ghi789.csv
bye
-- Script File
sftp -b mybatch xyz@111.222.33.4  > ftp.log 2>&1

If the second file not found then the rest of the code is aborted. How can I ensure the code run completly?

Many Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp scripting

I am totally new to this forum so if I am asking this and it has already been asked I apologize, but I have yet to have time to figure out how to search effectively for answers in previous posts. I'll figure it out tomorrow I just wanted to get this out there in case there is someone with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: New_Guru
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting multiple file "puts" in sFTP...

I need to send multiple files to a remote server via sFTP. I had everything set up to connect and send a single file automatically using a batch file and key authentication. Recently, however, the process has changed and we now need to send multiple files, one at a time, pausing for up to ten... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP scripting - help required

Hi all, First post so go easy guys....... I've seen this asked before on some other forums but never properly/fully answered. My problem involves the automation of an SFTP script sending from F-Secure (ssh2) HP-UX, to Windows FTP server (ssh2) running VShell. We've set up SSH keys but while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
8 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp in shell Scripting issue

I have the below code for ftping a file sftp "ogl@serverna,me"ogl@serverna,me <<EOF cd $path_on_the_server binary put $path_on_my_sever/filename.txt bye EOF Not sure is this works.but when i tried its asking for password .How i can avoid asking password and provide it in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamrad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Scripting and Log capture

Hi All, Need help in below query, appreciate your help. We are changing a FTP process to SFTP ( passwordless SSH ) I had few queries on how to log the transfer details into a log file. ----------------------------------------------------- PUTLOGFILE= /xxx/ftp_log.log FAILPUTLOGFILE=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadarshtripathi
0 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)