Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Setup a Fully Featured C++ Develop Environment Post 302339453 by bbala on Thursday 30th of July 2009 02:16:26 PM
Old 07-30-2009
Bug

gedit is really cool.. it isnt that tough to write a make file.. its better to write your own make file.. gedit pluggins like snippets, external tools, class browser etc.. makes it great for programming.. The only drawback i face with gedit is there is no code collapsing pluggin and dynamic autocompletion. Else gedit is cool Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Featured Books and Articles by Active Forum Members

The UNIX and Linux Forums have a number of active members that have published books or papers related to shell programming and scripting. You can check out their publications here: Link Removed Please note, as you can imagine, our forum experts can be quite busy! You will get a response... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email using shell script in UNIX, Is any environment setup required in Mac OS X ?

Hi All, I am using Mac OS X (Leopard OS). I am very new to UNIX. My requirement is that, by running a shell script, I create a log file. So I have to send a mail having that log file attached. What I tried to do is, I simply tried to check,whether this direct command works or not. So I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba setup in virtual server environment Windows/ Linux

I have a home network set up that consists of a few windows clients and 3 centos, and 1 suse client. These are all virtual machines, VMware Workstation. One centos vm is set to be the Samba server. Do I need Samba set up on the other Linux clients?I have no problem seeing the windows clients... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

how to built a gtk develop Environment for C programe

hi all: as title . i want to built a C GUI program environment in ubuntu. i know i should install gtk . but i try and try , and still failed .:wall: could some one help me ? thanks !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Setup print environment in Solaris 11

Hi Experts, Please help me on this. I've a print environment using NIS in Solaris 10. Recently we have new JDE environment which using Solaris 11 OS, and found that we can't use NIS anymore. So only the option is using CUPS. How do we integrate this print environment for both Solaris 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srigias
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Environment Setup - (Just starting!)

Morning All So, I am starting looking into the world of UNIX for a new job (luckily not my primary function!) and I am looking to get stared. Like anything I seem to learn best by trying things out first in an environment but I have a key question: Currently I use Oracle VirtualBox, can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GophusMeau
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Environment Setup - (Just starting!)

Morning All So, I am starting looking into the world of UNIX for a new job (luckily not my primary function!) and I am looking to get stared. Like anything I seem to learn best by trying things out first in an environment but I have a key question: Currently I use Oracle VirtualBox, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
1 Replies
GEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GEDIT(1)

NAME
gedit - text editor for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
gedit [OPTION...] [FILE...] [+LINE[:COLUMN]] gedit [OPTION...] - DESCRIPTION
gedit is the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. While aiming at simplicity and ease of use, gedit is a powerful general purpose text editor. It can be used to create and edit all kinds of text files. gedit features a flexible plugin system which can be used to dynamically add new advanced features to gedit itself. OPTIONS
--encoding Set the character encoding to be used for opening the files listed on the command line. -g, --geometry=GEOMETRY Set the X geometry window size (WIDTHxHEIGHT+X+Y). --list-encodings Display list of possible values for the encoding option and exit. --new-window Create a new toplevel window in an existing instance of gedit. --new-document Create a new document in an existing instance of gedit. -s, --standalone Run gedit in standalone mode. -w, --wait Open files and block the gedit process. --help Prints the command line options. --version Output version information and exit. FILE Specifies the file to open when gedit starts. If this is not specified, gedit will load a blank file with an "Unsaved Document" label. Multiple files can be loaded if they are separated by spaces. gedit also supports handling of remote files. For example, you can pass the location of a webpage to gedit , like "http://www.gnome.org", or load a file from a FTP server, like "ftp://ftp.gnome.org/robots.txt". - gedit will read from stdin +LINE For the first file, go to the line specified by LINE (do not insert a space between the "+" sign and the number). If LINE is miss- ing, go to the last line. COLUMN For the first file, go to the column specified by COLUMN. If COLUMN is missing, go to the first column. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gedit. AUTHORS
Paolo Maggi (paolo@gnome.org) Paolo Borelli (pborelli@katamail.com) Steve Frecinaux (code@istique.net) Jesse van den Kieboom (jessevdk@gnome.org) Ignacio Casal Quinteiro <icq@gnome.org> James Willcox (jwillcox@gnome.org) Federico Mena Quintero (federico@novell.com) Chema Celorio 17 May 2010 GEDIT(1)