Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Allignment of lines in a file Post 302339400 by Shazin on Thursday 30th of July 2009 11:38:08 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Allignment of lines in a file

Hi All,

I am using the below scrit to insert lines in a file:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
# To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup
echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite"
read url
# To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup
if [ -z "$value" ]; then
echo "You have not enterd the URL" ; exit 1
else
grep "Redirect permanent / http://www.virgin-atlantic.com" redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf > output1
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
rm -r output1
sed '$d' redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf > temp
cp temp redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf
echo $url >> redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf ;
echo "Redirect permanent / http://www.virgin-atlantic.com" >> redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf ;
echo "Redirects Setup"
else
echo $url >> redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf ;
echo "Redirects Setup"
fi
fi

I am getting the below output where the 2,3,4 line are in the same line whereas 5 and 6 are the lines that are inserted by using the script. Please can somebody advise how can I insert the 5 and 6 line so that they are alligned with the above lines.

Redirect permanent /threadneedle Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup
Redirect permanent /THREADNEEDLE Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup
Redirect permanent /vhipprize http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net
Redirect permanent /lovefromabove http://www.virgin-atlantic.comp
Redirect permanent /shazin Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup
Redirect permanent /shaz Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup

Best Regards,
Shazin

---------- Post updated at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:05 PM ----------

Hio All,

Its not coming as required please can somebody suggest so that i can upload a txt file describing the output.

Thanks
Shazin

Last edited by vidyadhar85; 07-30-2009 at 02:43 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra/parse lines from a file between unque lines through the file

I need help to parse a file where there are many records, all of which are consistently separated by lines containing “^=============” and "^ End of Report". Example: ============= 1 2 3 4 End of record ============= 1 3 4 End of record Etc.... I only need specific lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment

Hi All, I want to shift the last and second last line to 8 spaces in the right inside a file. please can somebody suggest a script for the same. Thanks and Best Regards, Shazin (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux 'paste' allignment problem

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 #!/usr/bin/perl print "c\tc\t\n"; # cat 2 #!/usr/bin/perl print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; # perl 1 > 11 # perl 2 > 22 # cat 11 c c # cat 22 b b b b b b # paste 11 22 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text allignment using PERL

Hi Friends, For daily reports i make perl script like below. @dirlist = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1 >create.txt`; @dirlist1 = `cat out.txt|wc -l *e* >create2.txt`; open FILE, ">OUTPUT.txt"; @command = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1`; print FILE map{$_-2 ."\n"}@command; @dirlist2 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaleru
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output allignment

Hi Guys, I hope you are doing good out there. I am facing some issues in the alligment of the output of a shell script. Below is the statement which is formatting the output:echo $File | awk -F '' '{print $13,$15="\t"$16,$4="",$5,$6,$7}' and its output is Domain Log file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL script with 86000 lines: new files with only 10000 lines (per file)

Hi this is my SQL script $ wc -l insert_into_customers.sql 85601 insert_into_customers.sqlI wish to cut this file into 9 files each 10000 lines (the last one less) $ wc -l insert_into_customers_00*.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_001.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_002.sql ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment input file

Guys, I have a requirement as below 36%/ 55%/var 82%/tmp 74%/opt now i want the output to be --------------------------------- Disk% Mount --------------------------------- 36% / 55% var 82% tmp 74% opt ---------------------------------------- I have used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)