Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a KSH exit if path is not correct Post 302339388 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 30th of July 2009 11:08:21 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Code:
tagent tidal_agent_$2 stop 2 >&1 | grep -q 'Agent Instance not defined in the ini file'
if [[ $? -ne 0 ]] ; then
   echo "agent start failed"
else
   echo "agent started"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Exit Code in HP-UX KSH.

In one of my programs another process is called using the system command e.g. lv_error = system("myproc"); where lv_error is declared as an int. myproc would be returning 0 for success and 1 for failure. e.g. if (success) { return(0); }else{ return(1); } When the return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to exit the KSH functions

Hi I am having the script which contains more functions. I want to exit the function if any failure. I tried with exit - the session itself is getting logged out. How can i fix this issue? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Correct me to run a sh file in ksh shell!

Hi all! I wrote a file named as rman_backup.sh, and this is contents #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=VNP;export ORACLE_SID echo $ORACLE_SID echo "Please Specify the kind of backup you want to take" echo "1) LEVEL 0 VNP" echo "2) LEVEL 1 VNP" echo "3) EXPORT BACKUP" echo "Enter your option" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot retreive correct $PATH using PLINK

Hi, I'm using plink to execute shell script on UNIX machines. It works pretty well excepted with some machines where I don't have the same $PATH than with putty. I'm using the command PLINK.EXE -ssh machinename -l user -pw password echo $PATHAnd for putty nothing special set, I use ssh as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Test telnet and exit

Hi, I need to do a test Telnet in KSH and if the connection is good then disconnect the telnet session with out logging in and without exiting the shell script. Example output of a good connection: $telnet xxx.xx.xx.xxx xxxx Trying xxx.xx.xx.xxx... Connected to xxx.xx.xx.xxx. Escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit if date not in correct format

Can somone take a look at this script for me - I'm trying to get it to exit if the format of dateToLookFor is not in the format YYYYMMDD: function search { cd $logsloc echo "Enter date in format YYYYMMDD (enter to exit):" read dateToLookFor echo $dateToLookFor | grep -q ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Confused with behaviour of exit

Hi Everyone, I am confused on why the below snippet of code is not working as I intend it to do. I have googled and confirmed that "exit" is supposed to abort the execution of the script regardless if the exit was called from inside a function, or the main body of the script. log_and_die() { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting correct path to run appropriate script

I have tcsh scripts on path /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/tcsh/ I want to run the script from within another script. Suppose I go to directory /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hsdata/n02/terr0.25/darwin and want to run checksrdist.tcsh So I do cd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send correct exit code from child script back to parent

Hello all; hope someone can help me cause I am going crazy trying to find a solution for (what I think is simple) issue...looked hard up and down this forum and tried several "solutions" with no avail...so here's my issue: I have this (parent) script: copylsofdcmcadefttosftpwithmove.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
3 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusively for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. It is recommended to port scripts to mksh instead of relying on legacy or idiotic POSIX-mandated behav- iour, since the MirBSD Korn Shell scripting language is much more consistent. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing or history code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. o lksh uses POSIX arithmetics, which has quite a few implications: The data type for arithmetics is the host ISO C long data type. Signed integer wraparound is Undefined Behaviour. The sign of the result of a modulo operation with at least one negative operand is unspeci- fied. Shift operations on negative numbers are unspecified. Division of the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour. The compiler is permitted to delete all data and crash the system if Undefined Behaviour occurs. o The rotation arithmetic operators are not available. o The shift arithmetic operators take all bits of the second operand into account; if they exceed permitted precision, the result is unspecified. o The GNU bash extension &> to redirect stdout and stderr in one go is not parsed. o The mksh command line option -T is not available. o Unless set -o posix is active, lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD May 2, 2013 MirBSD