Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a KSH exit if path is not correct Post 302339384 by htown71 on Thursday 30th of July 2009 11:02:35 AM
Old 07-30-2009
No it only gives the output

*** Agent Instance not defined in the ini file

It does not pass a return code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Exit Code in HP-UX KSH.

In one of my programs another process is called using the system command e.g. lv_error = system("myproc"); where lv_error is declared as an int. myproc would be returning 0 for success and 1 for failure. e.g. if (success) { return(0); }else{ return(1); } When the return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to exit the KSH functions

Hi I am having the script which contains more functions. I want to exit the function if any failure. I tried with exit - the session itself is getting logged out. How can i fix this issue? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Correct me to run a sh file in ksh shell!

Hi all! I wrote a file named as rman_backup.sh, and this is contents #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=VNP;export ORACLE_SID echo $ORACLE_SID echo "Please Specify the kind of backup you want to take" echo "1) LEVEL 0 VNP" echo "2) LEVEL 1 VNP" echo "3) EXPORT BACKUP" echo "Enter your option" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot retreive correct $PATH using PLINK

Hi, I'm using plink to execute shell script on UNIX machines. It works pretty well excepted with some machines where I don't have the same $PATH than with putty. I'm using the command PLINK.EXE -ssh machinename -l user -pw password echo $PATHAnd for putty nothing special set, I use ssh as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Test telnet and exit

Hi, I need to do a test Telnet in KSH and if the connection is good then disconnect the telnet session with out logging in and without exiting the shell script. Example output of a good connection: $telnet xxx.xx.xx.xxx xxxx Trying xxx.xx.xx.xxx... Connected to xxx.xx.xx.xxx. Escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit if date not in correct format

Can somone take a look at this script for me - I'm trying to get it to exit if the format of dateToLookFor is not in the format YYYYMMDD: function search { cd $logsloc echo "Enter date in format YYYYMMDD (enter to exit):" read dateToLookFor echo $dateToLookFor | grep -q ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Confused with behaviour of exit

Hi Everyone, I am confused on why the below snippet of code is not working as I intend it to do. I have googled and confirmed that "exit" is supposed to abort the execution of the script regardless if the exit was called from inside a function, or the main body of the script. log_and_die() { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting correct path to run appropriate script

I have tcsh scripts on path /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/tcsh/ I want to run the script from within another script. Suppose I go to directory /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hsdata/n02/terr0.25/darwin and want to run checksrdist.tcsh So I do cd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send correct exit code from child script back to parent

Hello all; hope someone can help me cause I am going crazy trying to find a solution for (what I think is simple) issue...looked hard up and down this forum and tried several "solutions" with no avail...so here's my issue: I have this (parent) script: copylsofdcmcadefttosftpwithmove.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
3 Replies
Agent::Tag::Priority(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Agent::Tag::Priority(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::Tag::Priority - a log priority tag string SYNOPSIS
Not intended to be used directly Inherits from Log::Agent::Tag. DESCRIPTION
This class represents a log priority tag string. CREATION ROUTINE PARAMETERS
The following parameters are defined, in alphabetical order: "-display" => string Specifies the priority/level string to display, with minimal variable substitution. For instance: -display => '[$priority/$level]' The defined variables are documented in the DISPLAY VARIABLES section underneath. "-level" => level This parameter is internally added by "Log::Agent" when computing the priority tag, since only it knows the level of the current messsage. "-postfix" => flag Whether tag should be placed after or before the log message. By default, it is prepended to the log message, i.e. this parameter is false. "-priority" => prio This parameter is internally added by "Log::Agent" when computing the priority tag, since only it knows the priority of the current messsage. "-separator" => string The separation string between the tag and the log message. A single space by default. DISPLAY VARIABLES
The "-display" switch understands a few variables that can be substituted in the supplied string. Both $var and "${var}" forms are supported. Unknown variables are left untouched. $priority The full priority name of the logged message, e.g. "warning" or "error". $level The associated priority level of the logged message, a number. For instance, the level associated to "warning" is 4. See Log::Agent::Priorities for the default name -> level mapping. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Log::Agent::Tag(3), Log::Agent::Message(3), Log::Agent::Priorities(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-03-09 Agent::Tag::Priority(3pm)