Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Users associated with projects Post 302339370 by Dyna on Thursday 30th of July 2009 10:33:18 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Is this users under Unix or is it Oracle users? For users under unix you can for example use groups and then you can list all the users in the group.. (even a simple cut and grep of the group file will do that). You can also group the users in a netgroup (and yes you can use nis without using it for auth but as a simple database) -- then you can use all the ypcat commands to get a list of users in the netgroup...

Cheers Dyna

PS: There is a lot of different ways..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix projects

I am currently studying to be a Unix programmer. I am at the very beginning stages taking an online course through guruischool. I know that this course will not be nearly enough for me to be a confident or competent unix programmer. However I was wondering what projects I can do at home that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder10
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Projects / Tasks / Zones

Hi there Created some zones on my m5000, both going to be used for oracle. Been reading up about how solaris 10 has made tuning of the /etc/system file redundant and the use of rctladm / projects have taken over. Been reading the manuals, but my head is about to explode. Thought I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

4. Solaris

projects in Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions

Is there a Solaris 10 BUG (with Trusted Extensions) with binding to a project? This is Solaris 10 32bit Intel and Oracle EE 10gRel2. I am being told that a project (/etc/project) will not bind to the user because of a Solaris bug. According to my admin people Solaris told my company this when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/etc/system to projects

Hi guys, me again! :D I recently migrated a physical server to a zone, everything works perfectly except the /etc/system parameters. I was expecting that the migration process would consider the entries in the /etc/system file and create automatically the corresponding project. I know, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Projects in Solaris 10

I need help with projects in Solaris 10, sparc system; and I am fairly new at this. I know I can add new parameters for projects in /etc/projects or projmod -a -K "task.max-lwps=(priv,100,deny)" myproject I know that there are current process using that old attribute. Logging the user out and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
netgroup(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       netgroup(4)

NAME
netgroup - List of network groups DESCRIPTION
The netgroup file defines network-wide groups used for permission checking when doing remote mounts, remote logins, and remote shells. For remote mounts, the information in the netgroup file is used to classify machines; for remote logins and remote shells, it is used to clas- sify users. Each line of the netgroup file defines a group and has the following format: groupname member_1 ... member_n Each member can be either another group name or a combination of the host name, user name, and domain name in the following format: (hostname, username, domainname) Any of the three fields can be empty, in which case a wildcard is assumed. For example, to define a group to which everyone belongs, the following entry could appear in the netgroup file: universal (,,) Field names that begin with something other than a letter, digit, or underscore (such as ``-'') work in the opposite way. For example: justmachines (analytica,-,suez) justpeople (-,babbage,suez) The machine analytica belongs to the group justmachines in the domain suez, but no users belong to it. Similarly, the user babbage belongs to the group justpeople in the domain suez, but no machines belong to it. Network groups are part of the NIS database and are accessed through these files: /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.pag /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byuser.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byuser.pag /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byhost.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byhost.pag These files can be created from /etc/netgroup using makedbm(8). FILES
/etc/netgroup /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.pag /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byuser.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byuser.pag /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byhost.dir /etc/yp/domainname/netgroup.byhost.pag RELATED INFORMATION
getnetgrent(3), makedbm(8), ypserv(8) delim off netgroup(4)