Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting it's urgent ! round number in perl scripting Post 302339342 by pritish.sas on Thursday 30th of July 2009 09:32:25 AM
Old 07-30-2009
it's urgent ! round number in perl scripting

Code:
my $number = 12.345673412

I need 3 digits after decimal or after dot(.)

i mean , i need only 12.345

I used int(), ceil(), floor() but it gives me only 12

I need it.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-03-2009 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: added code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in shell scripting......urgent

Dear friends, please help me to solve following problem. I'm running a frontend application from which i'll be invoking the shell script with arguments as given below -driver -w -p "ABC XYZ" -S -ds con -dn "abc xyz" i am getting $1=-driver $2=-w $3=-p $4="ABC $5=XYZ" $6=-S $7=-ds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

round a number

In a shell script - How do I round a decimal number (contained in a variable) to the nearest whole number? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: achieve
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me out:-Its Urgent-C Shell Scripting

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prince89
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Umbrella Scripting(very Urgent)

Hi All, Can anybody help me to write the umbrella script for the following? I have three steps to do. STEP 1: CONVERT XML files to PS files STEP 2: CONVERT ALL PS FILES TO PDF FILES STEP 3: FTPING ALL PDF FILES TO THE SERVER. I have the codes for the above three steps. Now I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Korn Shell scripting Help Pleaaaase...

Hello All, Can someone help me to set a user's password from the script using korn shell. The password change is a one time password after user account creation. I tried providing the input file as the value for password field but password change requires tty so my password from an input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to round a number

Hey everyone, I was wondering if i am able to write a sed command to round a number to two decimal places. So for example: 1.58674 would be 1.58 I just want to chop off the numbers to the right of the second digit after the period. I know this is probably trivial but the closest i got was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GmGeubt
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent help with PERL scripting

From the attached file I to need pick all rows that have AVG2 column value larger than 0.050, and write those values in to a separate file. Help me on how I pick the approp value & output them onto a file. Very Thanks in advance. :b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonystark
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round off Number in File

Hi Guys, i am having a csv file where i need to round off numerical column to 2 decimal precision in specific columns. i need to ignore the first two line i.e the header columns and manipulate rest of the lines of the csv file. My columns are specific i.e i need to round off only 2nd,4th and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
floor(3m)																 floor(3m)

Name
       floor,  ffloor,	fabs,  ceil,  ceil,  trunc,  ftrunc, fmod, rint - floor, absolute value, ceiling, truncation, floating point remainder and
       round-to-nearest functions

Syntax
       #include <math.h>

double floor(x)
       double x;

float ffloor(x)
       float x;

double ceil(x)
       double x;

float fceil(x)
       float x;

double trunc(x)
       double x;

float ftrunc(x)
       float x;

double fabs(x)
       double x;

double fmod (x, y)
       double x, y;

double rint(x)
       double x;

Description
       The and routines return the largest integer which is not greater than x for double and float data types, respectively.

The and routines return the smallest integer which is not less than x for double and float data types, respectively.

The and routines return the integer (represented as a floating-point number) of x with the fractional bits truncated for double	and  float
       data types respectively.

The routine returns the absolute value |x|.

The  routine returns the floating point remainder of the division of x by y: zero if y is zero or if x/y would overflow; otherwise the num-
       ber f with the same sign as x, such that x = iy + f for some integer i, and |f| < |y|.

The routine returns the integer (represented as a double precision number) nearest x in the direction of the prevailing rounding mode.

In the default rounding mode, to nearest, is the integer nearest x with the additional stipulation that if |rint(x)-x|=1/2  then  is  even.
       Other rounding modes can make act like or or round towards zero.

Another way to obtain an integer near x is to declare (in C)
	      double x;     int k;    k = x;
       The  C  compiler  rounds  x  towards 0 to get the integer k.  Also note that, if x is larger than k can accommodate, the value of k and the
       presence or absence of an integer overflow are hard to predict.

The routine is in libc.a rather than libm.a.

See Also
       abs(3), ieee(3m), math(3m)

RISC								 floor(3m)