Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call Multiple Scripts With Similar Name Post 302339340 by aigles on Thursday 30th of July 2009 09:30:06 AM
Old 07-30-2009
A possible solution:
Code:
echo ./stop*.sh |xargs -n1 sh

Jean-Pierre.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a SOAP call from within unix shell scripts

Hi guys, Is it possible to make SOAP calls from within Unix shell scripts? I need to access a web service from within UNIX in order to lookup something while I am doing some parsing on a file. Regards, Laud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call C functions in shell scripts?

How can i call dynamic C functions in shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
5 Replies

3. Linux

Call scripts in Rpm's: %pre %post sectino

Hi, In the rpm SPEC file there is %pre section for preinstall scripts. We can write any think in the "sh" format here. I want to call a script here. How can i do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To call many scripts from mother one simultaneously

Hi, I need to rin few other scripts from one main (mather) script. Working in ksh on LINUX. The only one condition - it should be run in parallel. I mean I have to be able to call 20 scripts from this mother script in parallel (start them in the same time). Does somebody know how to do it? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliyp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check existence of a number of files and call other scripts

Hi, I am new to unix scripting and am jus getting to learn about it.. I need to know on how to check for the existence of a number of files in a path..i.e the files are ftp'ed from several other servers, should check if all the files have arrived, if not wait till they arrive..can i use a flag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for similar row(s) across multiple files

Hello Esteemed Members, I need to write a script to search for files that have one or more than one rows similar. Please note that there is no specific pattern that I am searching for. The rows can be different, I just need to find out two or more similar records in two or more files. There... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call different scripts?

I have 3 different scripts with 3 different functions, I would like to merge these 3 and make a master script. The following are my ideas: - ask user to pick which script he needs - after choosing, point it to the right script or... depending on the inputs provided by the user, all three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyanka.premra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call functions from other scripts

i have a file that contains functions and i want the functions to be available in another script. of course, the ideal situation here would be to put the functions in the same script, but i dont own these scripts. so I have to call the functions file from a different script. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)