Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: issues with egrep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issues with egrep Post 302339177 by Franklin52 on Thursday 30th of July 2009 02:39:10 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Try this:

Code:
egrep "$today" filename | egrep 'Port search parameters|Processed'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep -f

Hi, i am using egrep -f. The file with the expressions is very big and if i make the file a lot smaller, it works fine. Only if i use the original file, witch has about 20.000 lines it doesn't seem to work. Is the file to big, or do i need more patience?? my command is: egrep -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

How can i make something like if (echo "$arg2" | egrep -s '^+\.+km/h+$|^+km/h+$'); then not to output the value of $arg2 on the screen, evertime i get match it outputs the value of the variable on the screen which i don't need to do. I know for grep its -q option but it doesn't work for egrep.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vozx
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I don't understand what is the correct way of writing: egrep -l '{$min,$max} $pattern' $filename I tryed to search on google how to wtrite {$min, $max}, but I don't have success (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on egrep

Hi there, How many multiple values can be in egrep for seraching? i am giving more values but i am getting the error like Unknown error. My input in extended to 2nd line. my command is like below. egrep -i -h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep

what does "egrep """ do ?? Can anyone explain this with an example .. please .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep

HI, I want to grep the contents of fileb from filea. filbeb 5x4xxx371x31a43 4x40x037103a049 3x4x003710a0659 4x4x0x371a50912 filbea 5x4xxx371x31a43 3266000225 4x4003266000277 3266000277 4x400326x000499 3266000499 4x4003266000676 3266000676 4x4x0x371a50912 3266000777... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

hi, i'm using egrep -i to search thru some text files for keywords (also stored in a file). egrep does wildcard search aka %keyword% as long as the keyword is found, it will be spool to a file meaning if keyword is 'xyz' 123 aabgdggjxyzslgj 124 xyzgjksgjd returns 123... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bing
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep

Hi I am trying to run CMD that combining EGREP and PERL in multiple files cat *07:00.22-12-13.txt | egrep" NAME| perl -ne 'print if /^sid9/ .. /^!/' " I need the see the NAME and the text from sid9 to ! how can I use the EGERP in parallel to the PERL ? This is one file Qqq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)