Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp files from other server with check Post 302339142 by prasson_ibm on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 10:47:44 PM
Old 07-29-2009
scp files from other server with check

Hi all,
I am new to this forum,and it has been really a great pleasure to be a part of this forumSmilie
well,i m trying to write a shell script where i m transfering a set of files from other server to my own server.
for this i m using scp command,but in that file there is no footer, so that i can check that the file is successfully transfered.Smilie
so can it be possible using some other way..??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Missing When Grabbing Files from SFTP Server using SCP Command

Hi, I have this problem where sometimes my files would go missing when I schedule my crontab to run the SCP command to get file from the SFTP server. My crontab will run the scripts at an interval of 3 minutes (between the two scripts) The following is the setting in my crontab. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gingervitus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Copying files from one server to another using scp

Hi Scripting experts, I am new to the unix scripting. Please help me out for solving the condition given below I am trying to develop a script for Copying files which are getting generated in server A to server B using scp. In serverA files are generating as for eg abc1.txt, abc2.txt,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the newest file mutiple times a day and SCP it to another server.

Hi, I need a sample of a script that will check a specific directory multiple times throughout the day, and scp the newest file to another server. Example: current file is misc_file.txt_02272011 (the last part is the date), once that has been secure copied, another one may come in later the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richasmi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files copied from remote server

There is a process which copy files form unix a to unix b I would like to check whether all files copied from a to b or not ,and list which are the missing files. Is there a command to check like that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp files that are 3 days older from remote server-

hello, i am trying to get a list of files to be scped from the remote server by running the below in my local unix server ( note - there is a passwordless connectivity setup made between the local and remote server) and, we use KSH. --- ssh $scp_host "find /a/b/c/*/ -iname "$remote_file"" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

scp of multiple files to remote server

Hello, I would like to scp multiple files to a remote server that requires a password for the process to be completed. I have 30 folders (x_1, x_2 ... x_30), each containing 25 files. What I want to do is scp 1 out of the 25 files (file called bvals) for all my folders to a remote server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasia.m
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I check, if on remote server directory is empty or have files?

I have a script, which is supposed to run 1 day of the month, connect to remote server certain directory, find files, tar the, and copy find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_monthly.tar *${Today}*.*; if then echo "Cannot create a tar file, the terminated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files with different keywords : use server health-check tool

I have two files to be compared to get the output of the differences. File1 has a lot more lists than File2. After searching a lot on this thread I'am unable to find the exact code that im willing to get. This will be used as 'pre-check'/post-check utility (health check Tool) to compare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekyJimmy
1 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)