Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to connect IBM N6040 to AIX? Post 302339094 by zxmaus on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 06:22:53 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Hi,

did you try to simply run cfgmgr to see if your disks are showing up?

Rgds
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help-----ibm Aix???

:confused: Hello everybody, I am a totel dummy when it comes to UNIX!!! Must be wondering what I am doing here right? I'm most keen on knowing about-it-all. I need help. Wanna know all about the IBM AIX. The versions, the latest. Please tell me how do I go about my search. Thanks a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtanuja
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how is IBM-AIX better..?

why IBM-AIX is preferred over HP-UX ..... In what way it is better for infrastructure......? Suggestions are welcome... Suggest you read the RULES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

3. AIX

ibm aix L1

hello all, can anyone send me ibm aix L1 interview questions... thank u guys...jiyojith (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiyojith
0 Replies

4. AIX

Completed IBM AIX

Yesterday I complted IBM AIX Certification (000-223). Passed 74% (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
8 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire 490 connect to IBM SAN DS4000

Hi All Recently i plan use our company Sunfire V490 to hook up the IBM SAN Storage DS4000. But i not sure is it got any requirement to do this, is it need any extra driver, equipment??? hope can get some advice from here.. Kindly advise. Thanks all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

7. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

IBM Connect:Direct Error

Hi to all, I've installed IBM Connect:Direct 4.1.00 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5, but when I try to execute the "direct cli", I obtain the following error: $ ./direct *********************************************************** * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.vietti
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
advfsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 advfsd(8)

NAME
advfsd - Starts the AdvFS graphical user interface (GUI) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/advfsd DESCRIPTION
The AdvFS daemon, advfsd, is a process required by the AdvFS GUI (dtadvfs). The advfsd daemon issues commands and obtains system information on behalf of the AdvFS GUI. The /usr/var/advfs/daemon/socket/hosts.allow file contains a list of all hosts on which the advfsd daemon will allow the AdvFS GUI to run. This file can be edited to add or remove hosts. Each host name must be on a separate line. For example: host1 host3 host27 The /usr/var/advfs/daemon/socket/gui.passwd file, if it exists, is used by advfsd to force a dtadvfs user to enter a unique password when attempting to connect to the host. The first line of this file is the unique password required by the GUI. For example: guipassword For security reasons, do not use the password of the root user or any other user; make up a unique name and do not encrypt it. The advfsd daemon allows Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) clients such as NetView or Performance Manager (PM) to request AdvFS file system information. SNMP clients cannot issue system configuration commands to the advfsd daemon. The advfsd daemon is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, this daemon does not need to be run manually. If you do not want to have the daemon started at boot time, move the /sbin/rc3.d/s53advfsd file from its default location to another directory and run it from that directory. Whenever you want to run the daemon at boot time, move the s53advfsd file back to the /sbin/rc3.d directory. The daemon (called an agent in the dtadvfs GUI interface) employs a file, /usr/var/advfs/daemon/disks.ignore, in which you can place the names of disks that the daemon will ignore when it gathers information about disks on the system. If you use the disks.ignore file, you can improve the performance of the dtadvfs GUI. Each line in the disks.ignore file contains the name of a disk (with no directory partition letter) to be ignored by the daemon. For example, to cause the disks /dev/disk/dsk3d and /dev/disk/dsk2g to be ignored, enter the following names on separate lines in the file: dsk2 dsk3 You cannot ignore an LSM volume by including the LSM volume name in the disks.ignore file; you must list the disks from which the LSM vol- ume is built. To ignore a complete disk group, you must list all the disks in it. Because all partitions on the listed disks will be ignored, unexpected results may occur if a disk has partitions belonging to more than one disk group. The disks.ignore file is processed each time the disks are checked. This means that if a disk fails or becomes unavailable, you can add the disk name to the disks.ignore file and the daemon will ignore it. Once the disk is available, remove the entry from the file. There is no need to stop the daemon. For more information, see the GUI interface reference page , dtadvfs(8). RESTRICTIONS
Only one advfsd daemon can be running on a system at a given time. If a second advfsd daemon attempts to start, it will fail. You must be the root user to use this utility and you must register the Advanced File System Utilities license. FILES
The script that starts the advfsd daemon at boot time. The advfsd message catalog. The SNMP data files. The sh scripts used by the dae- mon to execute commands. The advfsd daemon executable. The advfsd daemon message log file. Remove or copy this log to another location periodically to prevent the log from becoming too large. The security file that lists all hosts with permission to connect to the advfsd daemon with the AdvFS GUI (dtadvfs). The advfsd password file. The file that lists all disks for the advfsd daemon to ignore when col- lecting statistics about resources. SEE ALSO
advfs(4), dtadvfs(8) advfsd(8)