Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Setup a Fully Featured C++ Develop Environment Post 302339084 by pludi on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 05:48:45 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Try gvim, set to black background. You can open multiple tabs (:tabnew, :tabn, :tabp), you have variable autocompletion (with CTRL-P/CTRL-N), with ctags you can jump to function definitions, and with a Makefile and :make any build errors will be shown.

And for all those commands you don't know by heart it has a menu bar.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Featured Books and Articles by Active Forum Members

The UNIX and Linux Forums have a number of active members that have published books or papers related to shell programming and scripting. You can check out their publications here: Link Removed Please note, as you can imagine, our forum experts can be quite busy! You will get a response... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email using shell script in UNIX, Is any environment setup required in Mac OS X ?

Hi All, I am using Mac OS X (Leopard OS). I am very new to UNIX. My requirement is that, by running a shell script, I create a log file. So I have to send a mail having that log file attached. What I tried to do is, I simply tried to check,whether this direct command works or not. So I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba setup in virtual server environment Windows/ Linux

I have a home network set up that consists of a few windows clients and 3 centos, and 1 suse client. These are all virtual machines, VMware Workstation. One centos vm is set to be the Samba server. Do I need Samba set up on the other Linux clients?I have no problem seeing the windows clients... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

how to built a gtk develop Environment for C programe

hi all: as title . i want to built a C GUI program environment in ubuntu. i know i should install gtk . but i try and try , and still failed .:wall: could some one help me ? thanks !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Setup print environment in Solaris 11

Hi Experts, Please help me on this. I've a print environment using NIS in Solaris 10. Recently we have new JDE environment which using Solaris 11 OS, and found that we can't use NIS anymore. So only the option is using CUPS. How do we integrate this print environment for both Solaris 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srigias
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Environment Setup - (Just starting!)

Morning All So, I am starting looking into the world of UNIX for a new job (luckily not my primary function!) and I am looking to get stared. Like anything I seem to learn best by trying things out first in an environment but I have a key question: Currently I use Oracle VirtualBox, can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GophusMeau
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Environment Setup - (Just starting!)

Morning All So, I am starting looking into the world of UNIX for a new job (luckily not my primary function!) and I am looking to get stared. Like anything I seem to learn best by trying things out first in an environment but I have a key question: Currently I use Oracle VirtualBox, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
1 Replies
EXPAND(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 EXPAND(1)

NAME
expand, unexpand -- expand tabs to spaces, and vice versa SYNOPSIS
expand [-t tab1,tab2,...,tabn] [file ...] unexpand [-a] [-t tab1,tab2,...,tabn] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The expand utility processes the named files or the standard input writing the standard output with tabs changed into blanks. Backspace characters are preserved into the output and decrement the column count for tab calculations. The expand utility is useful for pre-process- ing character files (before sorting, looking at specific columns, etc.) that contain tabs. The unexpand utility puts tabs back into the data from the standard input or the named files and writes the result on the standard output. The following options are available: -a (unexpand only) By default, only leading blanks and tabs are reconverted to maximal strings of tabs. If the -a option is given, then tabs are inserted whenever they would compress the resultant file by replacing two or more characters. -t tab1,tab2,...,tabn Set tab stops at column positions tab1, tab2, ..., tabn. If only a single number is given, tab stops are set that number of column positions apart instead of the default number of 8. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of expand and unexpand as described in environ(7). DIAGNOSTICS
The expand and unexpand utilities exit 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The expand and unexpand utilities conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The expand command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
April 21, 2002 BSD