Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: install windows on mac
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) install windows on mac Post 302339063 by jaysunn on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 04:02:30 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Virtual Alternative

I would recommend Sun Virtual Box for this task. I have Windows 7 running perfect on my macbook pro. The best part of all is it's free unlike Parallels.

VirtualBox

Good Luck Friend,

Jaysun

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The what and how to install UNIX on a new mac

Firstly, Happy New Year to all. Secondly, my earnest request... I am an absolute novice in UNIX. Have work around alittle with the mac os Terminal which encourage me to get myself a used G3 powerbook. I would like to work full fledge installing a unix shell onto it (without GUI). Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharme
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking to install Unix on my Mac

I know how to install Unix or Linux on my Mac using bootcamp, I installed the Ubuntu distribution of Linux on my Mac. Basically I'm looking for advice on what OS I should learn with. I am fiercely interested in programming, and am learning C++ and Python at the moment. Anyways, everyone has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micolejr2
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies
MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)

NAME
mac_is_present -- report whether the running system has MAC support LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mac.h> int mac_is_present(const char *policyname); DESCRIPTION
The mac_is_present() function determines whether the currently-running kernel supports MAC for a given policy or not. If policyname is non-NULL, the presence of the named policy (e.g. ``biba'', ``mls'', ``te'') is checked, otherwise the presence of any MAC policies at all is checked. RETURN VALUES
If the system supports the given MAC policy, the value 1 is returned. If the specified MAC policy is not supported, the value 0 is returned. If an error occurs, the value -1 is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The value of policyname is not valid. [ENOMEM] Insufficient memory was available to allocate internal storage. SEE ALSO
mac(3), mac_free(3), mac_get(3), mac_prepare(3), mac_set(3), mac_text(3), mac(4), mac(9) HISTORY
Support for Mandatory Access Control was introduced in FreeBSD 5.0 as part of the TrustedBSD Project. BSD
July 7, 2006 BSD